Encounter and inactive enemy question

By ryolacap, in Fallout

When you use an encounter action on a space does the space become inaccessible to you? What keeps you from sitting in a spot and doing multiple encounters?

When do you put out new inactive enemy token, when the first ticket moves off the spot or when it's killed?

If the latter how do you track enemy origins?

1) Nope, nothing is stopping you. But you are limited to one encounter per turn.

2)I believe that when an enemy is killed, you put a new inactive token at the closest location with a spawn point for that enemy type, so you don't track exact origin.

1 hour ago, mwmcintyre said:

2)I believe that when an enemy is killed, you put a new inactive token at the closest location with a spawn point for that enemy type, so you don't track exact origin.

A question arises in my head with that answer.

Can a spawn point that I'm currently sharing a space with count as the closest? If so, would it be legal to just stand still and farm a spawn point for mass anounts of XP?

You could, but there’s no guarantee the enemy will activate the following turn. The enemies activate based on what symbols are at the bottom of the agenda card when one is drawn for their activation phase.

But couldn't you choose to attack as an action?

2 hours ago, Fnoffen said:

But couldn't you choose to attack as an action?

From the Rules Reference: "Enemy tokens that are facedown are inactive. If an enemy token is inactive, survivors cannot look at the face of the token, fight the enemy, or target the enemy with any abilities that target an enemy. An inactive enemy is flipped faceup and becomes active when its enemy type activates."

So it's by all means not there, the token just a reminder that at the end of the turn it may activate and attack you if you are around.

I believe it can't/doesn't attack on the same turn it activates.

But I could be wrong on that one.

Edited by mwmcintyre

Aaah. Check.

On 12/11/2017 at 0:43 PM, mwmcintyre said:

I believe it can't/doesn't attack on the same turn it activates.

But I could be wrong on that one.

I would say you are correct, the rule on page 3 of the Rules Reference says, "When an enemy type is activated, all inactive enemies of that type on the map are flipped faceup and become active; they do not move or fight that activation". The one exception I could think of is if the enemy possesses the Aggressive ability. However, under the subcategory "Aggressive" under "Enemy Abilities" on page 6 the Rules Reference book it says that if the enemy is placed or becomes active in the same space as a player it does not cause a fight.