Question on active player and required skills

By flightmaster101, in Legacy of Dragonholt

Hello everyone. I played the introduction adventure with my game group Friday and we ran into a bit of trouble. We ended up at 5414, which as three options. All three require skills. Only one player had a readied token. The issue came up because the active player (the only one who could be the active player mind you), didn’t have any of the three skills.

in the rules it says “you” refers to the active player, and “you each” refers to everyone (active player, p4). In decisions (p4) it says “you cannot choose an option if it’s requirements are not met”.

So here is the rub, did we lose because we got stuck? Or can the active player choose to use other people’s skills for the group?

If the later is true when the book says take x stamina damage (for example) unless you have skill Y, is that only the active player’s skills or does everyone suffer the damage? Or can one person having skill Y negate the damage for everyone/ the active player?

sorry if these seem obvious to others, they just weren’t obvious to us.

Haven't even got my box yet, but from my understanding, you can only use the activer player's skill, only the active player suffers stamina damage.

It's weird that there are no options for someone with no skills at all though, sure you checked the other page etc.?

Edited by backupsidekick
Do not want association with this game.
1 hour ago, backupsidekick said:

Hello Latari scum

Starting off on the right foot are we?

I don't know the specific passage you are referring to

My gaming group has been playing that as soon as the last player makes their selection, instead of flipping their token over, all other players flip theirs to active.

That is the way we read the rules as well.

The more I play through this, I really feel that this was made as a solo experience with cooperation tacked on.

Agreed.

ow, my HUGE suggestion that has worked amazingly well in my group is to include a d20 for each player. When you come to a selection, if there are skills the players who meet any requirements roll for initiative. Highest roll makes the choice

Good Idea, especially for passive aggressive groups.

I will Add I back traced out game and it looks like the person who chose to go down the path that lead to 5414 was not supposed to exhaust his token, but did. Which lead to another person needing to make a choice he couldn't make. :(

Edited by backupsidekick
Do not want association with this game.
13 minutes ago, backupsidekick said:

Section 5414 of which book?

To new roads.

14 minutes ago, backupsidekick said:

Not sure if your back tracking was manual or if you just read the previous section from your notes, but if you aren't tracking which passages you read I would.

I did, luckly, which is how I found the error.

14 minutes ago, backupsidekick said:

Also... just a hint, but when it comes to future quests, pay attention to all details. It wasn't as straight forward to get to a new quest as walking through the day and it just automatically triggered, there were a few steps to get things going and we got lost and had to revisit locations to figure out why the quest wasn't triggering.

Good advice. I'll definitely follow that when we do our next play session, since we finished when we got to town.

Ok about to start this after Xmas.

If I do get to a page and 3 skills are the options and nobody has them, whats best course for a new group?

Your question is answered above.

I will Add I back traced out game and it looks like the person who chose to go down the path that lead to 5414 was not supposed to exhaust his token, but did. Which lead to another person needing to make a choice he couldn't make.