Recasting runes

By dukncuver, in Runewars Rules Questions

Cards like bloodfire witch and malcornes bequest trigger at the same time. Do we know how to resolve the order of these if both players have them? Would my opponent be allowed to wait to recast runes until after I decided to?

I would think first player goes first.

4 hours ago, Aetheriac said:

I would think first player goes first.

Yep. And I think it's worth pointing out that unlike choosing cards at the beginning of the round, in this case the first player activates all of his abilities off a given trigger first, even if it would be more beneficial to wait until the opponent's abilities activated first. (RR 83.10)

First player or player with initiative that turn?

4 hours ago, Jukey said:

First player or player with initiative that turn?

Good point. I had synonymized tge two in my mind. It says first player always resolves their effects first, so if that doesn't change each turn, then the same player will resolve their effects first the whole game.

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

Good point. I had synonymized tge two in my mind. It says first player always resolves their effects first, so if that doesn't change each turn, then the same player will resolve their effects first the whole game.

I think you understand this, but first player is alternated between rounds. Whoever is the second player at the start of the game will be the first player in round 2.

1 hour ago, rowdyoctopus said:

I think you understand this, but first player is alternated between rounds. Whoever is the second player at the start of the game will be the first player in round 2.

Okay, thanks. That's how I thought it worked, but hadn't had a chance to check. I just wanted to make sure that first player was alternating rather than first player being static while initiative alternates like with some other games.