Possible House Rule?

By Samickagulla, in Legacy of Dragonholt

First off I've not yet got the game so probably don't really know what I'm talking about, but this just occurred to me as a possible idea to mitigate the problem with a character not being able to do the thing they are specifically designed to do purely because they just opened the door and so are now inactive.

Could you introduce a house rule that players are able to buy the same skill twice, if any skill has been bought twice it can still be used even when the character's activation token has been used?

49 minutes ago, Samickagulla said:

First off I've not yet got the game so probably don't really know what I'm talking about, but this just occurred to me as a possible idea to mitigate the problem with a character not being able to do the thing they are specifically designed to do purely because they just opened the door and so are now inactive.

Could you introduce a house rule that players are able to buy the same skill twice, if any skill has been bought twice it can still be used even when the character's activation token has been used?

Interesting idea.

Hmm just had a thought (mine not arrived yet either bare in mind).

the strong man cant lift the big box not because he used the skill 'strong man skill' last turn....isnt it that he cant lift the box because its not his activation as he used his activation last turn opening a door?

My thinking was any skill you have bought twice can be used regardless of whether your activation is used or not.

So for example the strong man has Athletics and Military but he has taken Athletics twice. He opens the door, thus spending his activation and he finds:

Option A: use Military to turn to XXX

Option B: use Athletics to turn to YYY

Option C: use no skill to turn to ZZZ

Ordinarily it would be up to the rest of the party to resolve this but since he has doubled Athletics he can still use that skill (and only that skill).

If you read my review on you'll see why I think house rules on activation would offset the math of the game and make larger hero parties too powerful.