Bash ability

By Jonny WS, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I remember reading somewhere that if you were to roll a power die from an ability such as DOOM! that your attack would still count as a miss regardless if you use bash or not...but I cannot remember where I read it. Could someone point me in the right direction or quote the rule? Thanks!

Jonny WS said:

I remember reading somewhere that if you were to roll a power die from an ability such as DOOM! that your attack would still count as a miss regardless if you use bash or not...but I cannot remember where I read it. Could someone point me in the right direction or quote the rule? Thanks!

As per rules in Sea of Blood. Fig. may roll up to 5 power dice but if any of the dice show a blank it os treated as a miss. Also Fig's are never forced to roll any power dice whan making a bash attak, regardless of other effects.

Hope this helps.

I think there may have been some debate over whether a monster with Bash could make a "non-Bash" attack where he rolls just the power dice he's entitled to without Bash, doesn't count blanks as misses, but doesn't get the "2 surges: +5 damage and Pierce 2" ability, either. It's possible to read the original wording on the Bash ability as making its use optional.

But certainly if you want that surge ability, you ignore power dice from other sources, choose anywhere from 0 to 5 black dice to roll, and any blank on any power die is a miss.