UFS Throw-down <--> Upcoming tournament in CA

By Tader Salad, in UFS General Discussion

Hey boys and girls. It's time for another big UFS tournament in the state with its own Governator, California. With the hard work of a fellow UFS fanatic Rockstar, a tourny is being put together for the weekend of April 17th(subject to change but should be locked in by the end of the week). This is going to be a rival showdown; a clashing of playgroups; a bare-knuckled brawl of massive amounts of UFS. We want to see playgroups from all over CA show up and throw down. With your help this could be an event that rivals the Pro Tour Circuit concept.

As it stands right now the duration of the tournament is still up in the air. It could be a one day event, hosting a 5-pt standard tournament on Sat. and various side events snuck in (like ufs cube box drafting). It could also be a two day event that caters to your need for legacy, tekken-tag, standard teams and more. Your input is important, let us know how much UFS your scrawny bodies can handle. ;p In the event that it's two days, my group and I'm sure others will be making hotel arrangements and I don't see why certain rooms can't be shared.

You might be asking yourself: Tader Salad.....how much will it cost to be a part of this ground-breaking tournament, to carve a path in history with the finest UFS players to grace this humble earth? The answer: $8 per main event. If players want to start a side event, it will most likely be free or they can work something out. Now you have to ask yourself, can you afford NOT to go to this event? (pppssssssttttt...the answers no).

What are the spoils of victory? The treasures and trophies that seperate the champions from the broken and fallen. I have been told that there is a box of Quest for Souls up for grabs, as well as additional sealed product. Based on the location - either Santa Clara or Santa Cruz - there will also be donated legacy promo prize support as well as extra UFS product available for sale (which is rare). While we haven't nailed down the exact location yet, they are fairly close to each other so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

(UPDATE: Epic Aventure Games in Scotts Valley, CA will be the location. Date soon to be locked in)

Still wondering if you should go? Of course you should, what a silly question. It's going to be a blast. This is a chance to relive the good times of UFS and see playgroups you haven't seen in a while (or ever). We are going to have something for everyone. Intense and heated competition for the glory of standing atop the broken bodies of your opponants as you clear your way through top 8, and fun events where people chill and have a good time playing a game they love. Pick up those cards you have a hard time getting by trading with other playgroups. I plan on bringing down a Nintendo Wii so we can play Super Smash Bros Brawl in between rounds. Not sure yet, but I MIGHT be able to get a hacked SD card to play Brawl+ (which if you haven't played it yet its AMAZING). Long story short, it's going to be pure win - get ur arse there :)

For additional info as it becomes available you can hit me up at Terradyne69 (at) yahoo.com. You can also PM Rockstar here on the forums, or email him if you have his address. I'm sure he'll make a post here soon as well. Be sure to give a shouout if you or anyone in your group is coming!

(Updated 02/28/10)

Cheers,
Sean Toysa
Tader Salad

Sounds fun! Wish I could go!

Have fun and glad to see people still competing!

Jason

Need to chime in and add to what Tader Salad started. As the official TO of this event, i need to amend a couple things:

Here's the blurb i put out on ufscentral.com. Please note the changes: date, and location.

Thanks,

RockStar

-

RockStar here, TO for the aforementioned UFS Throwdown in the SF Bay Area. Still waiting on a couple details, but i wanted to let everyone know what we've got going on so far...

What: UFS Regional Event

Where: Epic Adventure Games, Scotts Valley, CA (Santa Cruz County). For directions, look here: http://www.epicadventuregames.com , and follow the About Us link.

When: We are currently looking at Saturday, April 17th, 2010. Starts at 12pm sharp. NOTE: THIS DATE IS NOT AS YET CONFIRMED. WILL CONFIRM BY THE END OF THIS UPCOMING WEEK.
Format/s: Singles - Standard Format (5pt Shuriken only). Current Errata and Bans list strictly enforced. Diversity enforced.

Cost: $8 per person.

Why Should I Play?: This event will feature some of the best and brightest players in the SF Bay Area who are IN LOVE with this game, who also happen to be some real kick @$$ people to hang with! Prize support will include an unopened Booster (which set is still TBD) for the Event's Champ, as well as Booster Paks (Standard and Legacy) for Top 4 (or 8, depending upon the turn out). There will also be special prizes including (but not limited to): Street Fighter Comics and Toys, tchotchkes, as well as other 'goodies'. There will be other awards handed out, not just Top4 or Top8 cuts! Everyone wins at this tournament! :)

There is still more to work out, but these are the preliminary details. All comers are welcome! Shout out and let me know who's gonna make it!

Cheers,
RockStar

For those interested in showing up and throwing down in April, you may email me direct: [email protected]

Also, if there is enough interest in making this a 2-Day Event, i'm thinking it's going to be very possible! However, this will largely depend upon the number of advanced inquiries and RSVP's we get between now and about a week out from the Event (weekend of April 17th, 18th), so early communication is a definite must!!

Lookin' forward to throwin' down w/y'all!

Cheers,

iari melchor mka RockStar

This event is going to be rescheduled to a Sunday in May. Unfortunately, it's suicide to try and compete with a MtG Prerelease and Release, which just so happens to be occurring the weekend of April 17th and April 24th.

Stay tuned, because this event WILL happen!!