Space Marine Chapters

By Kerrahn, in Deathwatch

Theofonias said:

At lexicanum I found a short list of which Chapters have been known to contribute to Deathwatch.

• Black Consuls
  • Black Templar
  • Blood Angels
  • Blood Ravens
  • Crimson Fists
  • Death Spectres
  • Exorcists
  • Imperial Fists
  • Lamenters
  • Mantis Warriors
  • Raven Guard
  • Red Talons
  • Revilers
  • Salamanders
  • Scythes of the Emperor
  • Space Wolves
  • Ultramarines
  • White Scars

So far they have been following this list with the exception of the Dark Angels. Which only makes sense because they are right next door to Calixis.

The setting isn't anywhere near Calixis though. And the Dark Angels don't have a homeworld anymore, so they can easily be anywhere for narrative convenience.

Atheosis said:

So far they have been following this list with the exception of the Dark Angels. Which only makes sense because they are right next door to Calixis.

The setting isn't anywhere near Calixis though. And the Dark Angels don't have a homeworld anymore, so they can easily be anywhere for narrative convenience.

Where is the setting then? I thought they were following the trend set by their other games.

Theofonias said:

Atheosis said:

Where is the setting then? I thought they were following the trend set by their other games.

It's going to be on the Eastern Fringe.

I just hope that they'll include the Imperial Fists.

Which do I think will be in there if I had to guess? Ultramarines of course.

Space Wolves, Imperial Fists, Salamanders, Blood Angels...and maybe Dark Angels.

I think that it would have to be chapters that are different, there needs to be enough variance in there to allow something different between the different characters during character development.

PhoenixBurn said:

I just hope that they'll include the Imperial Fists.

Which do I think will be in there if I had to guess? Ultramarines of course.

Space Wolves, Imperial Fists, Salamanders, Blood Angels...and maybe Dark Angels.

I think that it would have to be chapters that are different, there needs to be enough variance in there to allow something different between the different characters during character development.

Well, they've already kinda announced 4/6 of the Chapters, and since they consist of Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, and Black Templars, and Blood Angels are almost 100% going to be in there, in my opinion, that only leaves one space open, and, given the BTs being in there already, I doubt it'll be their father Chapter, the Imperial Fists.

I'd also like to see the Imperial Fists in there, but I doubt they will be included, regarding the BT already being in and such...

But hey, this is a game, so the rules are not set in stone. It could be pretty challenging to include more/other chapters or even invent your own. Perhaps there will even be rules for this...

Skreet said:

I'd also like to see the Imperial Fists in there, but I doubt they will be included, regarding the BT already being in and such...

But hey, this is a game, so the rules are not set in stone. It could be pretty challenging to include more/other chapters or even invent your own. Perhaps there will even be rules for this...

Already been stated that there won't be rules to make your own chapters, at least not in the core book. That said, I don't see how it's going to be hard to make up your own chapter rules without a system for it.