Imperial Assault app not in "my" country

By Cyberfefe, in Legends of the Alliance

Hello. I´´ m a gamer from Argentina and the app rads "not available in your country", which is interesting, since I have the descent one, plus several paid games from Asmodee.

So this post has 2 goals.

First: catch the attention of a moderator or a dev that can give a timetable for a expanded release of the download permits of the app by region, even in english (no language change needed).

Second: to have peeps from all over the world commenting if they had a problem like it, where and if they solved it in any way.

Thanks 2 all of you for your answers and for reading,

Federico

If you're trying to get FFG's attention, you may have better luck on Twitter.

But what platform are you trying to get it on? Have you tried Steam? Play Store? App Store? Maybe it's not available in one form, but you could get it on a different platform.

The app may very well become available at different times for different countries even on the same platform due to many different companies being involved.

My guess is the translated versions aren't available yet and may not be for some time.

Hello! Thanks for all your replies. The platform is Google Play, don´t have anyone with a Mac in my group. As the thing of language versions, many Spanish peeps have the app, and I play an english version (in fact I lack only 4 small figures to have a complete collection). So I don´t know why we are being excluded. And I´ll try twitter, thanks!

Hi all. It is also not available in the Singapore App store (whether IoS or Mac) and Steam still shows cComing Soon. No translated Version needed here as its an english speaking region. Is it a licensing issue by region problem?

Hello FFZEN, I dont really know and can´t get an answer from anywhere. Still I hope. On the bright side, app has comed out for steam. Bummer that doesen´t allow to play the book existing campaigns, my group is a stable 4 peeps group and we where looking to play heart of the empire together.

It is unavailable in Japan. I emailed and was told they do not have the rights to sell in my region. Other FFG apps available. My guess is that the take over by Asmodee is to blame, i.e. FFG had the rights, but now is part of a bigger organization that doesn’t. My hope is they acquire them. Also, I did send a mail back asking about my suspicions, but no reply to that yet.

So last night I created a new Apple ID using my UK address, credit card, etc. to get around the Japan iPad App store not having the app. This got me the app on my iPad, but from this morning my iPad seems to be messed up. Coincidence?

On 12/7/2017 at 5:45 AM, Master Wang said:

It is unavailable in Japan. I emailed and was told they do not have the rights to sell in my region. Other FFG apps available. My guess is that the take over by Asmodee is to blame, i.e. FFG had the rights, but now is part of a bigger organization that doesn’t. My hope is they acquire them. Also, I did send a mail back asking about my suspicions, but no reply to that yet.

I am in Japan too, I sent FFG a message but didnt hear back from them. Interesting that they cannot release the app due to rights. Other apps from FFG are available in the Japan Apple app store. I was able to get it on Steam but the ipad would be much better for me. Hope they can get around this. I may do what you did and create a new account for my android device.

The main thing are the rights to Disney contents in a digital medium. I think that they have to pay cannons based on regions, and some are not worth the economic effort. App is available throught steam, wich is good enought in my case. I prefer ro play the game with a big screen beside me. Still dissapointed that the expansion and core campaigns are not available.