Moto Juro- glimpse of the future?

By HirumaShigure, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

"The Unicorn’s strange approach to battle vexes many of the clans across Rokugan. Though they may not understand their methods, few can dispute the fearlessness of the clan that rides into battle. Their Cavalry are fearless when riding against the warriors of the other six Great Clans, or even to the south, where the dread Shadowlands await." -Fate Has No Secrets article

"I will follow you, and they will follow me. Even into Jigoku itself." -Moto Juro (flavor text)

Am I crazy that this makes me hope for a Crab/Unicorn alliance and Juro is speaking to Hida Tsuru? (Maybe that alliance leads to a marriage between Shinjo Yasamura and Hida O-Ushi = baby Kuon and Kurroda?!?) Okay, I'm getting carried away now.

We already have the Wayfinders and Hiruma scouts working together...

What do you think?

I think the current narrative structure hasn't given the Crab any serious buddies yet (Mantis overtures notwithstanding), so some rough and ready cavalry fighter-types used to being treated like dirt can easily find common cause with the Crab...

4 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

"The Unicorn’s strange approach to battle vexes many of the clans across Rokugan. Though they may not understand their methods, few can dispute the fearlessness of the clan that rides into battle. Their Cavalry are fearless when riding against the warriors of the other six Great Clans, or even to the south, where the dread Shadowlands await." -Fate Has No Secrets article

"I will follow you, and they will follow me. Even into Jigoku itself." -Moto Juro (flavor text)

Am I crazy that this makes me hope for a Crab/Unicorn alliance and Juro is speaking to Hida Tsuru? (Maybe that alliance leads to a marriage between Shinjo Yasamura and Hida O-Ushi = baby Kuon and Kurroda?!?) Okay, I'm getting carried away now.

We already have the Wayfinders and Hiruma scouts working together...

What do you think?

I think they are referring to when the Moto crossed the wall into the shadow lands and things did not go to well for them.

13 hours ago, Lord Ammon said:

I think they are referring to when the Moto crossed the wall into the shadow lands and things did not go to well for them.

Are you sure that's not Moto Tsume you're thinking of? Because (assuming the same general timeline) he's been dead for almost 300 years. Moto Juro is still alive in the current setting (I think).

Moto Juro proclaiming that he would follow "someone" and that his warriors would follow him gives me hope that it's a Crab commander in context that Lion would not follow Crab leadership on the Wall, and the mentioning of the Shadowlands and Jigoku. Maybe it's a stretch and he's just referring to the Moto family following the Shinjo.