Suggestion - Imperial Assault App

By Blasto, in Legends of the Alliance

Hello Fellow Geeks and FFG!

Both Imperial Assault, and Descent 2 have great Apps that take on the role as the Overlord/Imperial player. Removing the requirement for someone to take on the roll of the "Bad Guy" making the game 100% Co-op (thank you). It also allows people who have busy schedules to play both games in a kind of solo mode (thank you again).

As a suggestion, I would love to see an Update/Add-on that allows the Human player to take on the role of the Overlord/Imperial player and the App/IA take on the roll of the Heroes.

I think this would allow people to enjoy both sides of the game that FFG's put so much effort in to developing.

Thanks for the listen!

The thing is, the heroes have objectives, skills, purchases, etc. It wouldn't really be feasible for AI to run them.

Heck, EA can't even program AI in a Star Wars videogame.

8 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

I found this rather funny, ty.

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

The thing is, the heroes have objectives, skills, purchases, etc. It wouldn't really be feasible for AI to run them.

4r84e14soeoy.jpg

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

While this is true I wonder if there is a way that you can just run the villains in place of the heroes. The villains have to do the objectives and the heroes have to stop them.

1 hour ago, cikeo said:

While this is true I wonder if there is a way that you can just run the villains in place of the heroes. The villains have to do the objectives and the heroes have to stop them.

You'd need to have hero sheets for the villains, but it could be doable. A lot of people have been speculating a villain campaign for a while, and while I think that it would be a mess in a booklet (since it wouldn't really mesh at all with the rest of your components) it would be great for the app. Basically, a future (more traditional) boxed campaign could come out, but it could also include some hero sheets and class cards for some of the existing Imperial units. Maybe one for a Stormtrooper, an Officer, a Royal Guard- we could even get some for units like Sorin, Blaise, and the Royal Guard Champion too- though I'd imagine they'd try to stick to only core box units. I'd imagine scum units would be reserved for enemies, so probably no Trandos.

That way, literally the only thing that would go to waste outside of the villain campaign would be those hero sheets and class cards.

Number 1 thing I would like to see is skirmish mode with AI. Very easy to have a map generated and tell the app where you are on the tiles.

I would have loved to see a campaign using the iconic heroes as the main characters. That was the biggest complaint among my friends was using unknown heroes, and is why I prefer skirmish.