Onar Koma and the app

By The Mick, in Legends of the Alliance

So when playing with the app, you cannot recover damage when resting (you only recover strain).

However, Onar Koma's ability says that when you rest you recover an "additional 2 damage".

How are you guys playing this?Are you nullifying his ability completely? Or are you still letting him recover his 2 damage (otherwise, he'll die pretty quick seeing as he has no defense die)?

I know the word "additional" implies that you should recover damage first to use the ability, but clearly they didn't have the app rules in mind when they designed him. We played with him allowed to recover 2 damage with a rest, but I'm curious how others are using him?

All abilities that recover damage still recover damage.

Rest doesn't recover damage because recovering strain doesn't recover damage.

When Onar rests, he recovers all strain and 2 damage. (The "additional" is there for clarity - so that you would not think that he can only recover 2 damage whenever he rests.)

Edited by a1bert

Yeah, the app says that resting does not heal damage in the app, but any other abilities play as written.

Good question and a good answer. I probably would have wondered the same thing.

The specific rule is:

• When a hero recovers more [strain] than it has suffered, it does not recover any [damage].

Note that this is not specifically tied to Resting and does not stop abilities that only recover [damage], like Onar's. This does stop you from healing damage off of things like spending a surge to recover a strain, or strain recovery items like Adrenal Stim or Fenn's Adrenaline Rush. Needless to say, Emergency Medpacs are a much more valuable supply card in this version of the game.

Yeah, his ability works. Played with the app first time on sunday and Onar was one of the characters. Needless to say, we ran into this issue pretty quickly but it is covered in the rules as it says that all such abilities still work. App is awesome fun.