Waiqar - My First Event List

By Zaaik, in Runewars List Building

This is a list I ran at an event over the weekend, I was really excited to actually play at a venue that wasn't my house and actually get a chance to play with some new people.

Turns out I actually ended up winning the event, by a single point!

Reanimate Archers x6 [45]
--Heraldry: Raven-Standard Bearer [3]
--Training: Combat Ingenuity [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 54

Carrion Lancers x1 [15]
--Training: Rank Discipline [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 19

Reanimates x6 [35]
--Champion: Ardus IxErebus [23]
--Heraldry: Terrifying Heraldry [5]
----------Total Unit Cost: 63

Death Knights x6 [55]

--Equipment: Obcasium's Gauntlet [5]
--Training: Column Tactics [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 64

Army Cost: 200 points.

I love my 3x2 archers with Raven-Standard Bearer, especially when playing against other ranged units. I would use my Carrion Lancer as a blocker for these archers or try to use it as a distraction by putting it into terrain so it could just sit there and blight and then quickly move out an an initiative 3 rally and march to exit the terrain and block anyone coming for my archers. I wanted to be quite a heavy damage army which is why I chose to put Ardus in my Reanimates for the added white die whilst my Deathknights would flank and look to take out dangerous units that could cause a damage to my weaker units, such as the Leonx Riders.

The 6 tray Deathknight unit is very hard to wipe out and I feel its worth the point value for that alone just because they're so **** tough!

Really hope to play another event soon as I have now got hyped all over again for this game since experiencing organised play for the first time.

Dude, that's awesome! Congratulations!

My resolve is breaking. I'm about to buy some Death Knights even if I don't have the money :lol: . Sounds like they are the winning unit for Waiqar. But your blocking tactic with the Carrion Lancer in terrain is pretty brilliant, too. Nice work!

11 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Dude, that's awesome! Congratulations!

My resolve is breaking. I'm about to buy some Death Knights even if I don't have the money :lol: . Sounds like they are the winning unit for Waiqar. But your blocking tactic with the Carrion Lancer in terrain is pretty brilliant, too. Nice work!

I needed to have the six trays as soon as they came out hah! I've only played about 7 games with them and they've totally changed things for me. You won't regret it the first time you see them crash into something or when they get crashed into and just don't really die, you'll wonder why you didn't get them sooner!

Thanks! It worked a dream in the first match of the event as it ended up blocking a Deathknight charge which would've got my archers. This then allowed me to just either pick them apart with my three threat archers or just blight them loads, so by the time they actually got to my archers, they wouldn't be doing much damage.

Edited by Zaaik