App rules question - "Attack" and accuracy

By ManateeX, in Legends of the Alliance

If the first action listed for an imperial figure is an attack does the figure take into account accuracy when deciding whether to do that action? In the extreme example, say a blue-yellow officer is ten spaces away from the target but has line of sight. Does he waste his action attacking even though there's no chance of hitting?

What if he's nine spaces away - an overwhelmingly unlikely shot but still mathematically possible?

No the figure would move to close the distance then attack then reposition.

Imperial Rule, make the imperial characters play in the way that is most harmful to and least advantageous for the rebels.

The attack actions are often "Move & Attack". If that's not enough, use the Imperial Rule. You decide whether the imperials are really dumb or only just little dumb.

8 hours ago, a1bert said:

The attack actions are often "Move & Attack". If that's not enough, use the Imperial Rule. You decide whether the imperials are really dumb or only just little dumb.

I think you're misinterpreting the Imperial Rule.

I may be misrepresenting the Imperial Rule a bit, but the underlaying idea of it is to choose between options that are most damaging to the rebels. If the primary target (<< X >>) is clearly too far, you can use Targeting Priority to choose another target.

However, it's your game, you decide.

I would say determine the attacking figures max range and if the target is outside that range, that attack is not going to have any impact on the game so choose another target or skip that instruction if there are no other legal targets. Other wise let it rip, the AI has gotten some very lucky attacks off with Officers against me.

BTW officer max range is 9 against white die and 7 against black die.