200pts Latari

By Urvogel, in Runewars List Building

Thanks to Black Friday I finally have enough models to make 200pts and play in my FLGS's monthly events. Here's my list for my first event: it's not optimised in the slightest, but based on what I have access to (core, Latari and some Waiqar).

Theme of the list is "opponent can't grab objectives when they're dead." So hit hard and fast on small units to wipe them out, use the Latari agility to dodge the tougher units/grab objectives.

Suggestions on changes based on what I have available, or ways I could expand in the future, appreciated. Thinking of dropping the scion for more upgrades, but I just love its model :P

Aliana of Summersong x1 [33]
--Artifact: Packleaders Spear [8]
--Unique: Ambush Predator [3]
----------Total Unit Cost: 44

Maegan Cyndewin x1 [36]
--Artifact: Malcornes Bequest [6]
--Unique: Arcane Mastery [2]
----------Total Unit Cost: 44

Leonx Riders x4 [30]
--Training: Rank Discipline [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 34

Leonx Riders x4 [30]
--Training: Rank Discipline [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 34

Deepwood Archers x4 [30]
----------Total Unit Cost: 30

Aymhelin Scions x1 [14]
----------Total Unit Cost: 14

200/200

I wonder if the archers are worth it as an upgradless 4 block? They aren't really damage dealers without more ranks or upgrades. I might invest those points elsewhere.

I would consider dropping Malcorne. Outside of shutting down your opponent rune use, it seems to just be helping Meagan, who is more of a disruptor than damage dealer (at leat to me).

Dropping Malcorne affords you raven Tabards and Moment of inspiration for both of your leonx, which I feel is worth the trade.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, TheWiseGuy said:

I wonder if the archers are worth it as an upgradless 4 block? They aren't really damage dealers without more ranks or upgrades. I might invest those points elsewhere.

I agree. These would be more useful as 3 2x1 units for 9 points less. Then throw Rank Discipline on two of them, and you basically got yourself a more fragile set of units with a free straight-up threat two attack.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, kaffis said:

I agree. These would be more useful as 3 2x1 units for 9 points less. Then throw Rank Discipline on two of them, and you basically got yourself a more fragile set of units with a free straight-up threat two attack.

Where are you getting the extra points from? 3 2x1 Archers are 51 points...

On 2/8/2018 at 4:38 PM, coldsteel said:

Where are you getting the extra points from? 3 2x1 Archers are 51 points...

By mistake. ;) I was thinking there were 2 4-tray Archer units and 1 Leonx Riders, not the other way around. I'd break two 2x2 Archers into three 2x1 Archers in a heartbeat, with the aforementioned cost savings, unless the 4-tray set was using the champion or heraldry upgrades for something important.

On 11/29/2017 at 12:59 PM, TheWiseGuy said:

On 12/11/2017 at 7:40 PM, kaffis said:

Deepwoods Archers come with precise 1. Unless you're really addicted to rerolls, you might want to use the points elsewhere.

Oh, I agree. I'd use Tempered Steel over Rank Discipline to fill the points. I was just demonstrating that Rank Discipline on 2 of the smaller units would give exactly the same attack as two naked 4-tray units, with the benefit of getting to throw a third attack in, too, for the same points. 3x Tempered Steel small units is the better way to spend them, though.