Use of Inmobilize

By lordluwin, in Runewars Rules Questions

I selected Move for my action, then again move for my additional action. For example with a Daqan cavalry.

My unit has one inmobilize assigned.

When I reveal my command dial:

Can my opponent spend it to negate both actions?

Can he choose either of them?

thankyou

I believe he must choose one of them to cancel. I think he can choose either the main action or the bonus action, but I need to check about the bonus action to be sure.

I would think it would be one of them as well. More than likely the first one, but if the action is cancelled, is there a modifier with which to do anything?

1 hour ago, Aetheriac said:

I would think it would be one of them as well. More than likely the first one, but if the action is cancelled, is there a modifier with which to do anything?

Bonus actions happen after the main action, but otherwise independently.

The verbage on the name is singular, so either or.

Edited by Darthain
2 hours ago, Aetheriac said:

It's a bonus action. It happens regardless.

Worth noting that Immobilize can't cancel shifts/marches that are not actually on the dial. This has saved my bacon a few times.

Thanks guys, wasn't sure on that one.

14 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

It's a bonus action. It happens regardless.

Worth noting that Immobilize can't cancel shifts/marches that are not actually on the dial. This has saved my bacon a few times.

So I’m clear, that means a Carrion Lancer with immobilize could use its spit+3 forward even with immobilize?

Second dial movements are bonus actions not a modifier. Only things such as adding die results, turning, wheeling, or charging are cancelled if the first dial is cancelled because theyre dependent on the first dial anyway.

Immobilize cancels any movement action at the opponent's discretion. He can opt to not use it and you move freely, then use it when you are trying to turn a bit or shift at a later time. The rules specify "that action" so it wouldnt cancel the whole dial, just one of them at your choice.
Also worth noting its specifically talking about the dial, so bonus marches/shifts such as from the latari archer surge effect cannot be immobilized

3 hours ago, Church14 said:

So I’m clear, that means a Carrion Lancer with immobilize could use its spit+3 forward even with immobilize?

Yes, but your opponent can choose to use the immobilize to stop the forward 3 if he wants.

As a rule, modifiers are not canceled if the action is canceled. If you have an Immobilize token and reveal a march and a +1 defense, your opponent can spend the Immobilize, cancel your March, and you still get +1 defense.

Movement modifiers (charge, turn, wheel) have no effect (still aren't canceled) if your movement is canceled/doesn't happen. Enhance modifiers (surge, panic, hits) have no effect (still not canceled) if your attack is canceled/doesn't happen.

8 hours ago, Church14 said:

Not quite.

Immobilize, RRG Pg 8, RR-12.1, bullet 2 - "When a unit that has an immobilize token reveals either a march or shift action on his command tool, that token can be spent to cancel that action."

Bonus Actions, RRG pg 8, RR-14 - "A bonus action is a modifier that appear(sic) on some modifier dials. Bonus actions use the same icons as actions."
RR-14.2 - "A unit can perform its bonus action even if its first action was canceled"

So, whether the march or shift is on your main or modifier dial, it can be cancelled on a one-for-one basis by immobilize tokens.

What an immobilize token CANNOT cancel are shifts or marches granted by abilities outside of the command tool like, say, for instance, Wind Rune. It also can't cancel things like the new Uthuk Warsprinter, who gives a 1 speed march on a Skill action.

4 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

Noisquite.

Immobilize, RRG Pg 8, RR-12.1, bullet 2 - "When a unit that has an immobilize token reveals either a march or shift action on his command tool, that token can be spent to cancel that action."

Bonus Actions, RRG pg 8, RR-14 - "A bonus action is a modifier that appear(sic) on some modifier dials. Bonus actions use the same icons as actions."
RR-14.2 - "A unit can perform its bonus action even if its first action was canceled"

So, whether the march or shift is on your main or modifier dial, it can be cancelled on a one-for-one basis by immobilize tokens.

What an immobilize token CANNOT cancel are shifts or marches granted by abilities outside of the command tool like, say, for instance, Wind Rune. It also can't cancel things like the new Uthuk Warsprinter, who gives a 1 speed march on a Skill action.

Suddenly I see why Warsprinter is not dead, even though most Uthuk have a 1-march bonus action.