4ed changelist?

By Chav, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Hey

I have just gotten my 4ed and it looks really cool. I know some have had it for some time and was wondering, have anyone compiled a complete changelist from 3ed to 4ed? Its just way easier for me and my group to get into 4ed this way then have to read all rules and figure out what have changed by ourselves.

Thanks in advance

Strictly speaking the amount of things they have changed is quite small. Obviously there are some "text" differences as they streamlined the rules, but to those familiar with the game, this is just a matter of reading it as you play. For example action cards, strategy cards, objectives etc... some of these have been altered but the rules in terms of how they function are the same, just what they do is different.

The three big changes are

Trade System: No more trade contracts, instead you have the commodities system

Political System: It is it's own phase now, once someone controls Mecatol you introduce the Agenda Phase, though the rules for voting on Agendas is the same as Political cards before. its just that now you do it at the end of the phase and exhaust planets to vote... after the phase is over you refresh everything and of course you vote on two Agendas instead of just one.

Tech Tree & Artifact Symbols on Tiles: The tech system gets a change, now there is no tech tree, you just have X requirements of Y color and the planets with the symbols count as having pre-requisites.

There is some auxiliary stuff like the elimination of the transfer action, Space Docks and PDS's being free as part of a strategy card.

For the most part though it took me about 5 minutes of reviewing the "how to play guide" to get my bearings. All in all, I would say TI3 expansions had greater impact on the game then the new edition.

Agree with BK. Get your head around tech, trade, and politics and you should be fine. Everything other than that is basically just actually reading the relevant cards.