Daqan 120 points list

By Athelin, in Runewars List Building

Hello,

I'm building a 120 points list for a local tournament and I wanted your opinion about it:

Oathsworn Cavalry x4 [34]
--Heraldry: Raven Tabards [2]
--Training: Moment of Inspiration [5]
----------Total Unit Cost: 41

Spearmen x4 [30]
--Champion: Kari Wraithstalker [18]
--Equipment: Visored Helms [7]
--Music: Trumpets [2]
----------Total Unit Cost: 57

Heavy Crossbowmen x2 [19]
--Training: Piercing Strike [3]
----------Total Unit Cost: 22

I was thinking of reducing cavalry to 2 trays with Rank Discipline and include a Golem. What do you think?

Seems like an interesting list. Having only 3 units seems like a bold choice when thinking about objective tokens.

I must admit i have limited experience with the playing the game so most of my thoughts is theoretical and not battle-proven.

Runegolems seems form my limited experience to be good in smaler battles especially if the opponent have low threat and you are able maneuver them effectively. So adding a naked one to the army can be a huge asset. As for the crossbowmen i would try to use the x3 version with rank discipline for a 31 point cost. Giving red, blue with three in threat and re-roll, can even add firerune but then it get a bit expensive at 38.

I like having windrune on Oathsworn cavalry as i feel they need the reform action. With the skill action is on the blue dial you could potentially move four then shift three and reform. This gives the opportunity for flanking opportunities adding to the damemagepotensial and make them able to respond the the battlefield without wasting a turn or two on turning/reforming.

I have not tried the Kari champion-upgrade, curious to hear how what your reasoning for having her as a upgrade compared as a single unit. Tell us how she worked out for you.

-- Equipment: Windrune [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 40

Spearmen x4 [30]

--Music: Trumpets [2]
----------Total Unit Cost: 32

Heavy Crossbowmen x3 [27]
--Training: Rank Discipline [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 31

Rune Golem x1 [17]

----------Total Unit Cost: 17

Total of 120 points

Can remove Rank Discipline and Trumpets to add Movment of Inspiration to the OC? [119 points]

Edited by Datskor

Thanks for answering. I think I would finally include the Golem.

About the crossbowmen, I agree that they are better with threat-3, but the problem is that I dont own 3 trays ?

I like the idea of Wind Rune in Oathsworn Cavalry, I will try to use it, maybe taking out Kari ? But I like her because her potential to hurt units in the background.

I dont have any experience in battle yet, this is just theorycrafting.

Edited by Athelin

I see that the Kari-upgrade is tempting for her ability to throw out dammage.

What if you forgo the trumpets on the Spearmen and change that too a Shield Wall and give the Oathsworn Cavalry Moment of inspiration? If you get the flank you can get 3 red one blue one white with threat two? could choose blue dice to get more surge to get better chance for inspiration token to unntap that Moment of inspiration. As for the shield-wall on a four tray, it's a bit tricky but i doubt there will be units over six tray size in an 120 point game, and if you get to shoot down/charge a tray from other four-tray units before they get engaged the one more armor doses wonders.

-- Equipment: Windrune [6]

-- Training: Moment of Inspiration [5]

----------Total Unit Cost: 45

Spearmen x4 [30]

-- Shield Wall [5]
----------Total Unit Cost: 35

Heavy Crossbowmen x2 [19]
--Training: Rank Discipline [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 23

Rune Golem x1 [17]

----------Total Unit Cost: 17

Total of 120 points

Thanks man, I like that list. I think I will use that and I will report you how it went. I was thinking about taking a screenshot at the end of each turn, if I do I will post them here.

Looking forward too it :)