SOB questions after our first session.

By Todosi, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi all,

We just played our first game of SOB last night and had a really good time! 2 guys, 2 gals, and a ton of fun!

A couple questions I have as the Overlord:

Do the heroes get Conquest Tokens for opening chests in the Campaign? I don't see anywhere that says they do, but seems like they should.

Other than killing heroes, and Time Passing in the campaign map, is there any other way to gain Conquest as the Overlord? I seem to be pretty far behind after the first two levels of the first dungeon.

Has anyone played with only 3 heroes before? That's what we started with, just to keep it simple. Do you think the players will be at a huge disadvantage as the campaign progresses? If so I'll add another hero and let them fight out who controls it.

Thanks everyone,

Todosi

Todosi said:

Do the heroes get Conquest Tokens for opening chests in the Campaign? I don't see anywhere that says they do, but seems like they should.

No, the heroes only get a single conquest token if they open the chest and did not roll a "blank" indicating a treasure card.

Todosi said:

Other than killing heroes, and Time Passing in the campaign map, is there any other way to gain Conquest as the Overlord? I seem to be pretty far behind after the first two levels of the first dungeon.

The overlord can gain additional conquest tokens by Razing cities. Each razed city is worth an additional conquest token per week.

Todosi said:

Has anyone played with only 3 heroes before? That's what we started with, just to keep it simple. Do you think the players will be at a huge disadvantage as the campaign progresses? If so I'll add another hero and let them fight out who controls it.

The campaign is built to be played against 4 heroes. Anything less will be suicidal for the players later in the game. If you dont have enough people, you should have one person play the 4th character. The first few game weeks are usually pretty lackluster for the overlord, but once you upgrade that first monster group to silver, your players will be crying.

+1 to everything Fizz said, although remember you can also gain 3 conquest for cycling your deck in a dungeon. Remember that your deckhand hreat only reset every new dungeon , not every new dungeon level .

So as I understand it here is how the Heroes get Conquest:

Exploring a new area,

killing boss monsters in dungeons or encounters

Glyphs

Chests

For the Overlord:

Time Passing

Killing Heroes

Razing Cities

Do I have that all right?

Thanks for the quick answers guys!

Todosi said:

So as I understand it here is how the Heroes get Conquest:

Exploring a new area,

killing boss monsters in dungeons or encounters

Glyphs

Chests

For the Overlord:

Time Passing

Killing Heroes

Razing Cities

Do I have that all right?

Thanks for the quick answers guys!

The overlord also gains 3 Conquest for cycling his deck, and the heroes only get the Conquest for Chests if they are no blanks (treasure cards) when they roll for the chest, other than that spot on.

In our first campaign, the heroes opened 9 chests in a row without getting a single blank. So they got 9 extra conquest tokens, but no phat lewts.

Now we have a house rule that if the players did not get a treasure in two chests in a row, they can trade the conquest token for a treasure card.

Fizz said:

In our first campaign, the heroes opened 9 chests in a row without getting a single blank. So they got 9 extra conquest tokens, but no phat lewts.

Now we have a house rule that if the players did not get a treasure in two chests in a row, they can trade the conquest token for a treasure card.