Does depleting a item card also end any passive perks

By aceckert, in Imperial Assault Campaign

The environment hazard suit card reads:
-When you perform a rest you recover 1 additional Health.
-Deplete this card to recover 5 Health or remove all Harmful conditions.

Does depleting the card for the 5 health also end the Rest perk for the rest of the mission? I would think they are separate, whereas a card with 2 "exhaust" options is an either/or situation.

I think once you deplete a card you lose any passive bonuses that are on it. To deplete you turn the card face down and facedown cards are considered out of play.

From the RRG:

"Deplete

When a card is depleted, it is flipped facedown and cannot be used for the remainder of the mission."

This one seems to be quite confusing as there are 2 types of these Exhaust and Deplete

Yep if it is Deplete you lose ALL the benefits.

If it is Exhaust you lose only the relevant part or parts.

Worth watching out for on things like armour.

Deplete and Exhaust are both costs. They should be thought of as different from one another as the are from taking a strain as the cost.

If the cost is to Exhaust then the card cannot be exhausted again until it has been readied. Abilities that do not require the card be exhausted can still be used.

If the cost is Deplete then the card then the entire card is "removed" for the rest of the mission. If the card is depleted then the card is gone.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

Specifically, exhausting a card does not affect its text at all. You still have the ability, but cannot activate the ability until you can pay the exhaust cost.

Deleted as I found my own answer.

Edited by Master Wang

Hi, sorry for reopening this discussion. Thank you for clarifying all these rules, but I was wondering: when you deplete a card, is it gone for the remainder of the campaign or only for the rest of the mission and therefore can be used in the next one again?

Thank you for the clarification.

“Deplete” means once per mission. “Discard” is once per campaign.

On 8/4/2018 at 7:44 AM, RepentOrPerish said:

Hi, sorry for reopening this discussion. Thank you for clarifying all these rules, but I was wondering: when you deplete a card, is it gone for the remainder of the campaign or only for the rest of the mission and therefore can be used in the next one again?

Thank you for the clarification.

“Deplete” means once per mission. “Discard” is once per campaign.

Deplete, RRG page 10 said:

When a card is depleted, it is flipped facedown and cannot be used for the remainder of the mission. At the end of each mission, all depleted cards are flipped faceup.

Discarded cards - depends on what they are. (Only) agenda cards are returned to the game box when they are discarded. Discarded supply cards are available again when you create a new supply deck. Discarded crates and other tokens are available when you set up a map for the next mission, etc.

Agenda Cards, RRG page 4 said:

When an Agenda card is discarded, it is returned to the game box and is not used for the remainder of the campaign.

Edited by a1bert