first attack

By v8boogie, in Mansions of Madness

My wife and I are playing the first scenario and we've encountered our first monster while investigating a door leading to another room...with her last action point she tried to defeat the monster but 4 hits didn't do the job...we adjusted the amount of hits from 0 to 4... My turn! Or is it? When we hit the continue button the app just gave us another task to roll the dices and fight the monster... This is quite confusing to us...Does an attack mean a fight till death(monster or investigator) with just spending one action point? Or do we have to leave the "attack" mode another way to continue the game?

You would have your two actions to perform however you see fit. If you are in the same space as the monster you could continue to attack. If you aren't in the same space, just simply back out of the monster trey.

Thanks! We're starting over... A friend of ours told us to just set up the first scenario and start up the app and go with the flow of the app and peek in the rulebook if things got confusing...wellll...It's just not that simple...so back to square one...

Yes, you have to click on the tentacle button to close the monster tray.

We've just finished the first scenario following the rules...not just followed the app clueless... we won!!!

On 11/14/2017 at 5:17 AM, v8boogie said:

My wife and I are playing the first scenario and we've encountered our first monster while investigating a door leading to another room...with her last action point she tried to defeat the monster but 4 hits didn't do the job...we adjusted the amount of hits from 0 to 4... My turn! Or is it? When we hit the continue button the app just gave us another task to roll the dices and fight the monster... This is quite confusing to us...Does an attack mean a fight till death(monster or investigator) with just spending one action point? Or do we have to leave the "attack" mode another way to continue the game?

If your wife used her last action to attack but not kill the monster, then it would certainly be your turn next. The app will stay inside the monster menu with the last creature attacked ready to be attacked again if you so choose (and are able). It is entirely up to the players to track how many actions they have used or remaining. You can also enter and exit the various menus, but be extra cautious to any options that show the "action" icon. Clicking one of those will burn an action.

So you hit "continue" to close out the test and possible results you have just resolved. You can follow up with another attack or evade, or you can leave the monster menu to do other stuff. Just click the tentacle button exit out of the monster section and get back to the main map.