Deathmist Banners

By Fudwicket, in Runewars Rules Questions

Noob question - sorry if I am missing something :D

What does the icon in the bottom left of the card mean? I cannot find in the rules any explanation but perhaps I need visit the optician.

Thank s

Deathmist.thumb.jpg.17d0ed5372de88eb3ac563acc927e5c5.jpg

That's the waiqar faction symbol. It means the card is exclusive to the waiqar faction.

22 minutes ago, Jukey said:

That's the waiqar faction symbol. It means the card is exclusive to the waiqar faction.

Faction symbols and unit types on the bottom right corner are effectively restrictions on use.

So daqan/waiqur/latari/Uthuk and infantry/cavalry/siege have appeared there so far.

Just to get some reference backup: Does two units each having Deathmist banner affecting the same enemy unit deal damage simultaneous/stacking or in turn each instance testing the armor? I.e. with one stable rune, is it 1+1 damage or 2 damage (would an Oathsworn go down or not)?

It's after your activation, so after you resolve a units actions deathmist occurs. So yes, each unit with deathmist causes 1-2 damage .

No to your example because the damage would be applied sepperately, but timing of the card makes it happen after activation, not at the end of the phase.

Edited by Jukey

@Jukey Doh! Of course, and it says directly there on the card. Sorry, it's early morning here :S

Even if it was an end of round effect, they are separate cards and would activate separately.

But they would, of course, be way better if stackable. I guess they are pretty much only "playable" vs Uthuk at the moment. Oathsworn and even spearmen can shield up (usually quick enough) and Latari units, as many of them are ranged, are probably to far away.

I've had this card do work on my Spearmen before. Once engaged, they have to sacrifice attacks in order to shield up and raise their defense.

10 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

I've had this card do work on my Spearmen before. Once engaged, they have to sacrifice attacks in order to shield up and raise their defense.

I've removed spearmen with Deathmist Banners several times.

What expansion set does this come in?

Thank you, Athelin!

Anyone try a deathmist army? Lots of units with lots of deathmist, with some blockers.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Darth Matthew said:

Anyone try a deathmist army? Lots of units with lots of deathmist, with some blockers.

Would only work if the enemy is running a bunch of infantry. Or a bunch of 2 armor and you're just getting lucky on runes.

I have used the Deathmist Banners to great effect once. I thought it said wounds when I added to list but realized it was damage right before we started. I got it on some hellcats and was lucky enough to get 2 stable runes for 2-3 rounds in a row killing the kitty cats in the process. This was naturally against @Wraithist . My DKs were pounding them and my DM Banner killed one more each turn.