Are the miniatures suitable for painting?

By JNoll, in Battles of Westeros

Being a recovering miniature wargamer, and having lots of paints on hand I was wondering. Will the BoW miniatures be hard plastic and thus suitable for painting? Also what scale are the miniatures? The level of detail in the promo photos looks very fine, I'd say at least 20mm, but could be as big as 28mm.

Thanks in advance.

We don't know the scale yet,I believe in the post from the guy who played the game said they were about the size of the BL figs.I'm sure they will be suitable for painting,even the soft plastic of BL & Chaos in The old World paint up fine.

OD

Hi!

He said:"The components we were playing with weren't final, but the minis they had were very similar to the regular Battlelore minis ."

I think, he means the same scale like in Battlelore.

He didn't said anything about the material of the figures.

But the ones in BL are easy to paint.

BR

POM

On that same note, are the armies in the box going to be specific armies or "generics"? I mean are the supplements (assuming they are like Battlelore) will they be different house armies. (I.E. the Core set may be Stark vs. Lannister and then offer Baratheons, Tullys, Freys, and Greyjoys etc. later). Or will we be buying a few starters to paint armies in each of the house colors?

Looks to me that there are at least some house specific sculpts, like the Stark war dogs, but I think FFG would be foolish to not draw from historical examples for units so real world battles could be replicated as well as Westeros ones. I bet each house will come with their own units, common troops probably will use the same sculpt. They are that way in the books, only their livery separated many of the soldiers.

ghost81 said:

are the supplements (assuming they are like Battlelore) will they be different house armies. (

Hi!

According to my experience with FFG there will be other expansions!

and this time I think with siege engines, maybe even small scale castles!!

BR