Need some basic tips for deck building (Runner: Kit (Shaper))

By p40tomahawk, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

I need some basic help & tips building decks what changes should I make to the one I have right now (I attached notes next to the cards to explain why I picked the cards)? please note that I only have 1 Core Set (Original), Creation & Control , and Trace Amount expansions and would prefer that the ID is "Kit". With this deck the two main problems I run into is never drawing an anti-Code gate card or too low credit wise to make a successful run. Then another problem for me (as the player) is knowing when to and when to not make a run.

"Kit" Shaper Deck

Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman [picked this because I like face checking knowing that the first card will be Code Gate no matter what]

Event (18)
2x Déjà Vu ●●●● [to gain a card from the discard pile again]
3x Diesel [for more efficient card draw]
3x Dirty Laundry [to make money (as I often don't have enough)]
3x Infiltration [mostly picked this to expose a card but also gain 2 credits if I am in a pinch]
2x Modded [mostly have this for Atman to make the card less expensive]
3x Sure Gamble [make money]
2x The Maker's Eye [for when R&D is exposed to try and fish for agendas (thinking of replacing this)]

Hardware (5)
2x Omni-drive [to expand memory and gain a free reusable credit for runs]
2x The Personal Touch [to pump a Icebreaker]
1x The Toolbox [help with traces, reusable credits for runs, more memory]

Resource (9)
3x Armitage Codebusting [to gain credits when I don't have a lot of credits]
3x Liberated Account ●●●●● ● [to gain credits when I have more then 6 credits]
3x Same Old Thing [to reuse either Diesel, Infiltration, or Sure Gamble again]

Icebreaker (12)
2x Atman [put this in to break very powerful hard to break ICE (like Hiemdall)]
2x Battering Ram [for barriers]
2x Cyber-Cypher [for the main servers (R&D and HQ) or for a hard to break server with a agenda in it (and it goes well with Kit)]
3x Dagger [for sentries (since I have cloak)]
3x Gordian Blade [for Code Gate]

Program (3)
3x Cloak [for Dagger and the free credit if I don't have a dagger]

10 influence spent (max 10, available 0)
47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Creation and Control

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

step one: if you own Creation and Control, 3x Self-Modifying Code are the first cards that should go into every deck.

If you have Atman and Cyber-Cypher, Scavenge is an awesome card to "reset" them to new targets. Atman should be set for whatever the most common STR on your opponent's ice is, or whatever pain points are least efficient for your other breakers.

And, for what it's worth, The Toolbox and Deja Vu have rotated, and so are no longer legal for play. Toolbox is overcosted garbage anyway.

3 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

step one: if you own Creation and Control, 3x Self-Modifying Code are the first cards that should go into every deck.

If you have Atman and Cyber-Cypher, Scavenge is an awesome card to "reset" them to new targets. Atman should be set for whatever the most common STR on your opponent's ice is, or whatever pain points are least efficient for your other breakers.

And, for what it's worth, The Toolbox and Deja Vu have rotated, and so are no longer legal for play. Toolbox is overcosted garbage anyway.

Oh I forgot to mention that this deck is for casual play not tournament (unless rotation applies to casual play as well) but thanks for the help I will try the deck with the cards and edits you suggested.

Most people will follow tournament regulations even for casual play. “Kitchen table netrunner” is fine, but if you take it to a game store or local play group, they may be dismayed if there are discontinued cards in your decks.

23 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

Most people will follow tournament regulations even for casual play. “Kitchen table netrunner” is fine, but if you take it to a game store or local play group, they may be dismayed if there are discontinued cards in your decks.

Ok, good to know