Tears of Amaterasu New Fiction

By Tabris2k, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Well, I just found out this in another thread.

Turns out that somebody received yesterday his pre-order of the Tears of Amaterasu pack, and scanned the fiction in a PDF, putting it in Kolat Informant .

As I haven't seen a specific thread dedicated to this, I'm creating this one so people who doesn't read every post here can know and read the fiction (if they want).

Here is the fiction.

As a personal note, I'll add that I liked it very much, I'm starting to get that "I hate her/I love her" feeling for Kachiko that I had in the old lore.

Discuss as you wish.

BTW, just one more thing.

Art on the fiction:

Dibujo.JPG.6ec2d26243b59fa6a71823058fd095cc.JPG

Actual text on the fiction:

"She finished pouring for them both, but as she reached for his cup her kimono slipped slightly , exposing just a hint of her throat and shoulder ."

Love it when the art matches the words :rolleyes:

Edited by Tabris2k

I wouldn't call that "a hint" or "slightly", but, yeah, it's an awesome painting.

I-incredible... Decantering from such a height...

Should be : just ANOTHER hint of her shoulder and throat. So the tigh was exposed already?

#courtcantevenhandleherrightnow.

Edited by Nitenman
14 minutes ago, Yakamo no Oni said:

I wouldn't call that "a hint" or "slightly", but, yeah, it's an awesome painting.

Me neither. I keep forgetting sarcasm is no so easily noted in written form.

Edit: There, it put a rolling eyes emoji in the original post. Hope that will make the sarcastic tone a bit clearer.

Edited by Tabris2k

Kachiko is my bae :wub:

3 minutes ago, Go-Go said:

Kachiko is my bae :wub:

Some people are saying this probably is the art for her new card. (They assume she's gonna be the next 5-Fate character the Scorpion gets)

And seeing that every art so far in the fictions is from a card, they're probably right.

Forget shoju, I am and always will be loyal to Kachiko first! I guess you can call me aramuro

No thanks. I'm more of a beer guy.....

:blink:

Edited by Ishi Tonu

As with all Scorpion women, I am checking for scars. I mean, everyone knows Shosuro Actress is actually a man right?

Never trust a Scorpion.

Especially one that seems to want everyone to like them.

Highly amused at the way she got gobsmacked by someone not following her advice.

In context of the Story, the emperor is pretty cool now that we actually see him. His choosing to go against Kachiko's council shows that he understands her motives just as much as she does. In fact the fiction reinforces the notion of the Imperial Families that never gets explored as often as should be, that the Imperials are the ultimate manipulators in the game. They exist to rule and ensure the clans are ever bickering.

In the beginning of the fiction Kachiko is in complete control of the poor Otomo, to the point where she even mocking brings up the Otomo's true motive for his concern on the uniting clans.

Kachiko clearly feels like she is above this, she looks down on the emperor, she sees the other clans as more pawns, she thinks that the scorpion can just do what they want... until she engages the emperor. The Emperor brings up the board game, mentioning that he is "Used to losing to Shoju" and its when Kachiko mentions the advise about the Emerald Champion, to just give the role to a scorpion that the emperor shows that her thinking is far too similar to her husbands. He isn't oblivious to the Scorpion, and that is VERY interesting.

She sees this as a game, a game she is confident she knows all the rules for, then the emperor breaks the rules. The Scorpion aren't given what they want, they have to fight for it, against other clans for it, exactly as the Imperials want.

I like that subtle confirmation that even the scorpion with all of their favor aren't outside the influence of the Imperials and their games. Its nice to see Kachiko question her confidence for once. The game is far more complicated.

11 minutes ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

In context of the Story, the emperor is pretty cool now that we actually see him. His choosing to go against Kachiko's council shows that he understands her motives just as much as she does. In fact the fiction reinforces the notion of the Imperial Families that never gets explored as often as should be, that the Imperials are the ultimate manipulators in the game. They exist to rule and ensure the clans are ever bickering.

In the beginning of the fiction Kachiko is in complete control of the poor Otomo, to the point where she even mocking brings up the Otomo's true motive for his concern on the uniting clans.

Kachiko clearly feels like she is above this, she looks down on the emperor, she sees the other clans as more pawns, she thinks that the scorpion can just do what they want... until she engages the emperor. The Emperor brings up the board game, mentioning that he is "Used to losing to Shoju" and its when Kachiko mentions the advise about the Emerald Champion, to just give the role to a scorpion that the emperor shows that her thinking is far too similar to her husbands. He isn't oblivious to the Scorpion, and that is VERY interesting.

She sees this as a game, a game she is confident she knows all the rules for, then the emperor breaks the rules. The Scorpion aren't given what they want, they have to fight for it, against other clans for it, exactly as the Imperials want.

I like that subtle confirmation that even the scorpion with all of their favor aren't outside the influence of the Imperials and their games. Its nice to see Kachiko question her confidence for once. The game is far more complicated.

Unless Kachiko has decided that, given the fact that this emperor does not hear advices, it may be time to have a new one...

4 minutes ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

The Hantei didn't hold power for a thousand years for nothing.

I also find it interesting from a story choice point of view. There are so many potential future story prizes in this fiction. (The Emerald Championship, the ownership of Toshi Ranbo, complete with reasonable explanations for the Scorpion and Unicorn Clans, hatamoto vote to increase the support for the Wall, Kachiko's coup and probably many more I missed)

9 minutes ago, Koriume said:

Unless Kachiko has decided that, given the fact that this emperor does not hear advices, it may be time to have a new one...

Based on Shoju's reaction to her "criticizing" the emperor, I don't think he'd along with those plans of her.... yet.

2 minutes ago, Yakamo no Oni said:

Based on Shoju's reaction to her "criticizing" the emperor, I don't think he'd along with those plans of her.... yet.

A lot of people seem to keep forgetting that Shoju and the Emperor are childhood friends, its going to take something more then mere ambition to turn him against the emperor... right? ;)

5 minutes ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

A lot of people seem to keep forgetting that Shoju and the Emperor are childhood friends, its going to take something more then mere ambition to turn him against the emperor... right? ;)

Is Shoju so old in this new setting? That would make him almost twice as old as Kachiko. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Just is a little surprising for me.

37 minutes ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

Go away, and take your bloodsword with you.

10 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Go away, and take your bloodsword with you.

Bloodsword! Who is talking about Bloodswords! No, not me, that's for sure!

*hides something in his cloak*

1 hour ago, Tetsuhiko said:

I also find it interesting from a story choice point of view. There are so many potential future story prizes in this fiction. (The Emerald Championship, the ownership of Toshi Ranbo , complete with reasonable explanations for the Scorpion and Unicorn Clans, hatamoto vote to increase the support for the Wall, Kachiko's coup and probably many more I missed)

So I'm not sure how widely noticed it is, but if you look at the info on the Toshi Ranbo kotei season, you'll come across this:

• Glory Points are earned through advancing to the final rounds of these tournaments, and when a clan performs honorably overall. The most glorious clan will earn the Toshi Ranbo Season's most important prize: a new exclusive card for their clan, representing the season’s namesake!

I get the feeling that the Unicorn petition is going to be approved, allowing the use of Toshi Ranbo as a prize card for the Kotei series to make sense within the story context.

Ambition is obviously influencing Kachiko, not Shoju.

7 minutes ago, Doji Makoto said:

Ambition is obviously influencing Kachiko, not Shoju.

And gravity. Oh wait, that's just her kimono.

Wow....

Kachiko is her her own stereotype.

28 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

And gravity. Oh wait, that's just her kimono.

Gravity's a bi***.