Westeros is not Battle Lore

By SuperKalelJorson7, in Battles of Westeros

CP wrote:

The classic BattleLore game is based on Richard Borg’s “Command and Colors” game system, while Battles of Westeros is an entirely new engine, one that is significantly more involved than C&C and more in tune with FFG’s design principles. We’re really excited about this system and we think that players will love it.

Considering I just played Runewars and think that was great, I'm optimistic about this one, too.

Ok. Good. So Battles of Westeros is not a Battlelore game.Is this correct?

rmnhammer

Not being BattleLore is a plus for me, so I was very happy to read that.

nilhaus said:

Not being BattleLore is a plus for me, so I was very happy to read that.

+1

I am very excited to see what this game is like. I want to see the figure sculpts. That is why I buy Fantasy Flight Games. I love to paint them up and they are way less expensive than GW.

Hi!

Question:
“Does Battles of Westeros use the same game system as BattleLore?
No. While both are games of medieval army battles and have some slight similarities, they are different games”

The answer of this basic/fundamental question is a clear one.

No!

Personal note: It’s not BL game, without his mechanics!

BR

Might need to be careful bying "quote Battlelore unquote" expansions in future to check which of the 2 game systems they actually use.

Well if it not Battlelore (as I posted in the comments section of the news post) then they need to take that logo off the front of the box. I just think the logo on the cover is misleading and looks like crap. Just having the title and that gorgeous artwork is enough. And to post something about a new Battlelore system for this style of game in the rules introduction is great and then you can introduce the whole "Battlelore System" gimmick logo to upcoming expansions if one MUST. But this does look like a "bait and switch" style of marketing scheme and I HOPE FFG doesn't start cheapening their company with these types of marketing schemes. I have been a stout and true FFG supporter but that can change if they start getting sloppy.

Well either way, I am planning on picking up this game, after all, I have every other Song of Ice and Fire based game, Heck I even was a playtester for Testor's aborted minis game Chronicles of the night's Watch. I also picked up Wild Cards for M&M (Based solely on it being a George RR Martin project!) so money talks and All mine says is "goodbye!"

I'm also going to buy this simlpy becuase it is a FFG Ice and Fire game. I'm am confused about the whole "Battlelore" title, and the reasons behind it but then again, they do use LCG for multiple titles, and they all use different rule sets, but LCG does seem much broader than Battlelore.

I'm also hoping that they do a reprint of Battlelore, even if it is "less" than the original, and around the $100 price mark. I've been semi-interested in the game, and this game actually makes me more interested.

JerusalemJones said:

I'm am confused about the whole "Battlelore" title, and the reasons behind it but then again, they do use LCG for multiple titles, and they all use different rule sets, but LCG does seem much broader than Battlelore.

I'm confused that you think the Battlelore label is similar to the LCG label. You enjoy "A Game of Thrones : The Boardgame". Do you find it odd that they say "The Boardgame"? That's the same as using the LCG label. Never confusing going on there and when I play Doom : The Boardgame or Lord of the Rings : The Boardgame I don't even flinch when they don't have similar rule sets.