Is anyone else Jacking in?

By ScottGilbert25, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I wish I started playing this game 5 years ago instead of Lame of Thrones and Maybe Wars... by far this game is superior. I can't wait until 2.0!

I just started after I saw the stuff about the revised core and rotation.

Had been looking at this game for a while before this

On 1/11/2017 at 6:19 AM, starrius said:

I just started after I saw the stuff about the revised core and rotation.

Had been looking at this game for a while before this

Pre-ordered the new core last week.

Seems like a great game, but I was initially overwhelmed by the amount of expansions

Had my first few games now and loving it massive ammoubt to learn for deck building. Encon seem hard to get right atm.

I was in at the beginning, left for various reasons but the new Core, Rotation and MWL 2.0 brought me back.

The announcement of Core 2.0, rotation finally becoming a reality, and the design team finally choosing to do what needs to be done with a banned and restricted list in order to maintain a healthy game has definitely gotten me interested in playing. I'll be picking up the new core on release and if it goes as well as I am expecting, a couple of deluxe boxes and likely Terminal Directive very shortly after.

I played a bunch during the first two cycles, then had a kid and sold off all my stuff. Regret it all the time, was constantly hunting around eBay thinking about repurchase. Took forever to get back into hobbies, so now (almost four years later!) I am absolutely thrilled for the reboot! Going to start with new cores and probably the deluxe boxes (they're never rotating, right?), not going to worry about picking up stuff from the older cycles unless there's something I absolutely need.

Very glad they made the decision to revive this game!

2 hours ago, j_gunder said:

Going to start with new cores and probably the deluxe boxes (they're never rotating, right?), not going to worry about picking up stuff from the older cycles unless there's something I absolutely need.

Never say never. What we do know is that the Deluxes are not on any kind of rotation schedule. Judging by what Boggs and Damon have said about the Revised Core, replacing a boxed set is not a decision to be made lightly, but it could be that they will release a newer version of any or all of the Deluxes at some point. But, there's no indication that anything of the sort is in the works.

Letting the older cycles rotate out without dropping a ton of money on them before they go is definitely the best choice, unless there are cards you *need* for particular decks that you can't borrow from friends. And even at that, I would recommend only buying a minimum of such packs. The Champion decks from 2015 or 2016 have a lot of staple cards that might be a better buy in that event.

Very glad they made the decision to revive this game!

It never went away ;-)