[DH1] Some Q&A I had with a producer about The Inquisitor's Handbook (Questions 121-127)

By ThenDoctor, in Dark Heresy

121. It mentions and an acolyte with a trade skill counts as that for the purposes of income, is this a premanent replacement? Or can an acolyte choose what social strata they identify with? (say a nobleborn acolyte who took up a trade as a hobby?)
————— > Hmmm, technically I’d say the former, but I think it would be more fun to have it as the latter.
122. Any locations discerned for the home of Soldier Hornets? Their glands are the main ingredient in Slaught.
—————> Up to the GM here.
123. What would you say is the range of cost on a forge for Trade (Smithing)? Or at least a baseline cost for minimum entry?
————— > A small one suitable for very minor smithing, say around 500.
124. What are Carnodons, B'lleks, and/or Crotalids respectively? Fromt he Trade (Tanner)'s description.
———— > Other species that have been mentioned in 40k lore such as Black Library novels, or other RPG lines like Deathwatch, or were just made up for fun. Google searches reveal which are which :)
125. Could you combine a Trade (Valet) test in to a Charm's "First Impression" sub use? Or would the Trade (Valet) be the first impression?
——— > Sure, that sounds nice! A valet often is the first person someone meets before meeting someone important, after all, and the impression the valet gives should reflect the person they work for.
126. Do all the Bolt Weapons from the Collected Tables require Tearing per the errata?
———— > Yep! That applies to all bolt weapons unless stated otherwise.
127. This is just a collected issue with some of the weapon listings (They are different from what was stated in the core rulebook or in earlier sections), just want to confirm or deny changes;
Heavy Bolter range of 20m? Cost of 1800?
Fedrid Razor Disk Having a Pen of 2?
Gas Torch having an Availability of Scarce?
Voss Pattern Flamer having a cost of 300?
Multi-Melta having a clip of 4?
Thermal Lance having a Pen of 10?
Plasma Blaster having a Clip of 12?
Plasma Cannon having a Clip of 24?
Catechist being Primitive?
Deuce Pistol Costing 10 throne?
Shotcannon being 12kg?
Mariette having a RoF of S/2/-?
Firebomb having 6 Pen? - This one I'm almost certain you addressed (it supposing to have a 0 pen)a long time ago in the rules questions archives, but it never hurts to reconfirm.
Bastard Sword cost of 13 throne?
Chimera Pistol Sword not given the Primitive Speical Quality?
Combat Knife weight 3kg?
Guard Shield weight 1.5kg?
Kraken Tooth Dagger not given the Primitive Special Quality?
Trophy Knife weight 0.5kg and cost 775 thrones?
Shock Maul weight 3.5kg

————— > I’d use the core rulebook or text entries instead as a rule. Where applicable, DH2 can also settle things.

This is the last batch of Inquisitor's Handbook questions I personally had. So next up is Disciples of the Dark Gods.

On 10/30/2017 at 3:56 AM, ThenDoctor said:
124. What are Carnodons, B'lleks, and/or Crotalids respectively? Fromt he Trade (Tanner)'s description.
———— > Other species that have been mentioned in 40k lore such as Black Library novels, or other RPG lines like Deathwatch, or were just made up for fun. Google searches reveal which are which :)

Crotalid is in Mark of the Xenos, indeed.

On 10/30/2017 at 3:56 AM, ThenDoctor said:
127. This is just a collected issue with some of the weapon listings (They are different from what was stated in the core rulebook or in earlier sections), just want to confirm or deny changes;
Heavy Bolter range of 20m? Cost of 1800?
Mariette having a RoF of S/2/-?

Seeing how Mariette has no magazine (Clip 1), this would be quite a trick. :D

Ooh, a question: what's up wit Anoxis Burst Flamer? As written, it's not worth 50 thrones. Nor makes sense in general, in that why would it have 1 shot, between its weight and having any purpose at all?