Defense Module - WHEN !exactly! to switch Units

By Lüuna2, in StarCraft

Hello there,

i've got a question concerning the Defense Module.

Does using the Defense Modul occur BEFORE or AFTER each Player assigns his assist unit(s)?

So, may I always dodge the detector from Psi Storm by High Templars with a Lurker as long as I have for example one additional Hydralisk in that Area, because I can switch my units, after the attacker assigned his High templar to a skirmish?

(Please ignore the fact, the Lurker will die anyway because of splash damage - maybe a Science Vessel would have been better to state my problem.)

The Rule book just says "after match-ups have been made", but does this also include assigning assist units?

Thank you very much :)

Best Regards,

Andreas

Of course you can do it AFTER.

According to rules, you can use this module after all supporting units are set (that's why also Assist units are mentioned). Assist units are also the supporting units.

ok, thank you. (< this is too short to be published ^^ - new try :D )

cyb3k said:

Of course you can do it AFTER.

According to rules, you can use this module after all supporting units are set (that's why also Assist units are mentioned). Assist units are also the supporting units.

Are you sure ?

Where is it in rules ?

Rules say, that you can use this module after the match-ups have been made for a skirmish. Match-ups means front line units. So you use the module before assigning support units. If you could use the module when all units are assigned, it would be way too powerfull - defending would become very easy and heroes would be almost impossible to kill.

Termit said:

Rules say, that you can use this module after the match-ups have been made for a skirmish. Match-ups means front line units. So you use the module before assigning support units. If you could use the module when all units are assigned, it would be way too powerfull - defending would become very easy and heroes would be almost impossible to kill.

Had to check this again and it looks that you're right.

But if defender has some non-assist support units, this will often allow him to save many precious units (like heroes).