New to Game: Playing ADAM

By Barby007, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the game. I played the core set Kate back in 2012 & quit withing the year due to no one to play with. A new group of players have risen out of nowhere & so I'm getting back in. I need help building an ADAM runner deck with what I purchased & was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions as to how to build a competitive deck with him. I've checked online for deck lists but it feels like I'm missing a lot of cards & I can't invest into the game as much as I would like to financially. I currently own 1 core set, 1 Blood Money, 1 Intervention, 1 Data & Destiny, 1 Creation & Control, & 1 Honor & Profit. I have asked about proxying but it's not allowed for tournaments & they hold tournaments monthly which I would like to participate in win or lose to get experience.

Thanks,

Barby :)

What decklist are you working with right now? Adam is in quite a rough place right now. He lost a key tool in E3 Implants when rotation occurred.

1 hour ago, Grimwalker said:

What decklist are you working with right now? Adam is in quite a rough place right now. He lost a key tool in E3 Implants when rotation occurred.

Hi Grimwalker. I made a smoke deck based on a build a friend made for himself. He was the one that re-introduced me to the game & so it made sense to build what I had tested. I don’t even own a smoke ID because the pack she comes in isn’t important towards my running style (so I’ve been told lol). It feels like most IDs concentrate on 1 or 2 colors but it seems Adam is everywhere & nowhere at once. I was hoping someone had been somewhat successful with Adam.

Thanks,

Barby

it is a lot easier to critique a specific list rather than to just think about cards in a vacuum, that's all I'm saying. I can then plug that list into the deckbuilder, examine your selections, and make specific observations & suggestions.

On 10/25/2017 at 0:10 PM, Grimwalker said:

it is a lot easier to critique a specific list rather than to just think about cards in a vacuum, that's all I'm saying. I can then plug that list into the deckbuilder, examine your selections, and make specific observations & suggestions.

@Grimwalker

My current list for Smoke is....

3x Sacrificial Construct

2x Indexing

2x Aesop's Pawnshop

2x Beth Kilrain - Chang

2x The Maker's Eye

3x Net Mercur

2x Modded

3x Diesel

3X Sure Gamble

2X Paper Clip

2x Dagger

2X Houdini

2x Cloak

3x Dirty Laundry

3x Daily Casts

Don't know how much of this will help with building Adam.

Thanks,

Barby :)

Edited by Barby007

At first glance it looks solid--you picked a lot of good cards. I'm not sure if Aesop's Pawnshop is the right choice for your Restricted Card--Clone Chip or Film Critic might be better. You also haven't used all your influence, and you're not at a full 40 cards.

So, here's what I'd suggest: put three Self-Modifying Code into the deck, and consider a package of 2x The Source and 3x Fall Guy (they're in the Revised Core Set) to slow down the corp. Cut back the breakers to 1 copy each, and just tutor for them; also cut Modded as it's not doing you very much good. You may also just need some Armitage Codebusting for money, as they're cheap and can be sold to Aesop when they're down to $2. In a pinch you can also Aesop The Source, steal an agenda, and then reinstall a fresh copy from hand at the end of the turn. (Dr. Lovegood can also be used to shut off The Source during your turn, which is super handy.)

The Gauntlet is probably the best console for the cards you own, so I'd say two of that as well.