Cinematic Combat cards

By Hudson1776, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Hey,

I played a great game of Rise of the Empire last night with my buddy and had a blast, but I had a couple of questions regarding the advanced tactic cards.

1. When do I draw the cards back to my hand? We played it where, when you had no more space combat cards we drew all the space combat cards back to our hands except for the last one played. Is this correct? Or do we have to use all the ground combat cards as well before drawing all the cards back to our hands?

2. I am curious about two ground combat cards with a line drawn between them. The cards are for the rebs and the empire. Confrontation and Imposing presence. Basically there is a top text that has a special ability with no unit icons on it, then there is a dividing line. The bottom of the card reads "you may play one additional ground tactic card." In the rules under advanced tactics 3. it states: "Starting with the current player, each player chooses and resolves the top OR bottom ability of his tactic card. Some abilities are preceded by a unit icon. These abilities can only be resolved if there is at least one unit of that type in the system." My question, do you get to use both abilities for Confrontation and Imposing presence?

3. If question 2. is yes, can you use both abilities in combat if you have a corresponding unit for any advanced tactic card? (I think no)

4. Leaders without tactic values still can not lead units in combat, correct? Or is it that they just don't get a reroll now with Rise of the Empire?

5. Can you ever pass on playing an advanced tactics card before combat? Or must one always be played?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Hudson1776 said:

1. When do I draw the cards back to my hand? We played it where, when you had no more space combat cards we drew all the space combat cards back to our hands except for the last one played. Is this correct? Or do we have to use all the ground combat cards as well before drawing all the cards back to our hands?

You did this correctly (space and ground are totally separate, and do not depend on each other).

2. ...do you get to use both abilities for Confrontation and Imposing presence?

No, you can only choose one OR the other.

3. If question 2. is yes...

It is not. ;)

4. Leaders without tactic values still can not lead units in combat, correct? Or is it that they just don't get a reroll now with Rise of the Empire?

Correct, they may not initiate a unit movement / combat (no change from base game).

5. Can you ever pass on playing an advanced tactics card before combat? Or must one always be played?

A card must be played each round; it is not an optional step.

The only time you don't play an advanced tactics card is if your opponent played the appropriate card on you last turn.

In either case, you aren't given a choice whether to play one or not; if you are allowed to play one, the you must.