Lore - Collected Sources

By Tarliyn, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone who has been around the Runebound universe longer than I can help come up with a list of all the places the lore is included. For instance here would be the source for Runewars

Runewars - Starter set Lore Reference Book, Expansion inserts, race starter box inserts.

So if lore is held in rulebooks of games list that, if it has its own book as Runewars does list that, etc.

I am assuming the group of us can come up with a list of the places where we can find Runewars lore.

Thanks,

T

Rune Age rule book.

Runewars (board game) rulebook and Banners of War (expansion) rulebook.

BattleLore: Command app

I found more:

Dungeonquest 3rd Edition: Contains a three paragraph blurb concerning the creation of Dragonfire dungeon by the Dragonlord Kalladra in the Great Dragon War to exploit the greed of the people. You can download it on the game's page on Board Game Geek

Dungeonquest Revised: None

Battlelore 2nd Edition - Letter in front that indicates Alacaran was killed.

Runewars Boardgame - 2 page Introduction section. A letter from Alacaran that breifly details the history of runes.

Runewars: Banner of War - Few paragraph story blurb that discusses battle of summersong

Battlemist Rulebook - Largely Retconned

Edited by Tarliyn

overlooking both editions of decent and all expansions for them they have a bit of fluff in them. Its what attracted me to the Terrinoth realm

9 hours ago, kuffdaddy said:

overlooking both editions of decent and all expansions for them they have a bit of fluff in them. Its what attracted me to the Terrinoth realm

Yeah I dont have descent or played so I dont know what they present lore wise. Do they get into location lore, overall lore, etc. Is it more generic. Any campagns in particular that stick out as particularly lore filled?

I know diskwars had some stuff too but same questions as above. :/

let me go back to the rule books but each expansion was in a new locale with a bit of fluff and new characters

I was wrong while they do have blurbs it is really just a paragraph of background on the heroes and monsters. Could still be a bit of a beastiary of the world and best part is you can download most of them from the support page.

Awesome, thats good to know. Still kind of want to pick up descent for solo play and play with me 9 year old via the app though lol

I play with my 7 and 10 year old

Some nice lore in the Legacy of Dragonholt rules that were just released. Some good background on different races in the character creation section.