Using other SW books/characters together?

By CrowOfPyke, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

So, I assume the game mechanics and balance of the different SW rpg's (Edge, Destiny and Rebellion) are roughly the same. Can you use the different books and characters together across the genre's? For example, could I take a Jedi class character from Destiny and pull it into a Rebellion game?

Absolutely!

I'm running a combined game and it works just fine.

Just don't let the Jedi types get lightsabers until about 150 earned XP.

Cheers!

BTW: There is one each of an Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and a Force & Destiny character in my game. I'm using Duty and Obligation for all, plus Morality for the Force-user.

Edited by salamar_dree

cool. thanks for letting me know, much appreciated!

You're welcome!

Also, in the Gamemaster chapters of Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny there is a section about cross-game compatibility.

(Page 342 of AoR and page 338 of F&D.)

Edited by salamar_dree

Yep. @salamar_dree is correct. The three games are fully cross compatible.

Use the basic lightsaber from FaD, not the suped up version in AoR or EotE

My previous Star Wars game was a mix of both "Edge of the Empire" and "Force and Destiny" characters. It worked pretty well.

You just have to decide between using Duty, Morality, and Obligation. Use "1", a combo, or all 3. I'd say Duty if it is more Rebel Alliance-focused, Morality if it is more Jedi-focused in purpose, and Obligation if they are free-faring scoundrels making their way in the world.

It should also0 be noted that you can use all three simultaneously particularly if you have players each playing a character from a different rule set, such as a team consisting of a "Jedi" a Smuggle, and a Rebel soldier all in the same party, each using a different MOD mechanic

I've done a mix of all 3, it was a bit of a mess because I as GM didn't do a stellar job giving the party a reason to work together. Mechanically however yes they are all compatible. AoR and Edge both have a Kock down talent/skill that F&D doesn't have.