HotAC Space Station

By bulldoguk, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Some HotAC station bits I have been working on, lot of fun and really looking forward to playing now!

IMG_3467_zpsio8ifdz4.jpg

IMG_3478_zpsemcq8fjq.jpg

IMG_3475_zpsjqr9tgd2.jpg

IMG_3472_zpsc6hmz5tw.jpg

IMG_3470_zpshv0cv2qw.jpg

IMG_3477_zpskcdhu5ya.jpg

IMG_3473_zpsvnufikyc.jpg

IMG_3480_zpsfjkw5urg.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome! :D

it looks incredible! cant wait to try and get it all for my Hotac campaign!

That is beautiful work. Do please post pictures of them in the field, surrounded by TIEs and X-Wings.

Dafuc. Really nice, I'm jealous.

Be a couple of weeks before we kick off Kleeg005 but I'll be sure to post some battle reports!

Perfect. I want IT too ?

Holy quack, where can i buy these?

On 10/16/2017 at 8:20 AM, CyCo said:

Wow, that looks awesome! :D

They do look awesome. Though i wonder. How do ships fly OVER the terrain? If you go with card stock, its easy to have them do so.. How do you handle it with this 3d terrain?

8 hours ago, LTuser said:

They do look awesome. Though i wonder. How do ships fly OVER the terrain? If you go with card stock, its easy to have them do so.. How do you handle it with this 3d terrain?

The pieces are modular so you can probably just set them on top of the cardstock one and then remove them as needed for things to pass over. But that would take away from the look a bit...

from what I remember about this mission, stuff doesn't usually fly directly over the base anyway so you could just modify the rules to make the base impassible.

Edited by Kieransi

By the HOTAC book, terrain other than mines, are not obsticles...

We tend to fly casual and have fun so you can generally balance the bases on the parts or as kieransi says remove and use card when required. It's always struck me as a little weird how some things can be tagged as obstacles while others are not, its all in the vastness of 3 dimensional space and surely an 'obstacle' is only relative to the skill of the pilot approaching it. We have a cool house rule that is a lot of fun and works quite well, every other turn things become obstacles. Try and imagine this in a thematic sense. Couple of tie fighters persuing a rebel ship on 'non obstacle turn' the rebel pilot skillfully threads his way through the asteroid field or through an opening in the structure of the space station. The imperial player in the heat of battle, mis-timed it, next turn the tie's plough into the asteroids and station and end up all explody! If you are already on an obstacle on the turn it becomes 'solid' we allow you to move off without interaction btw, considering you already did your fancy pants flying on the previous turn

On 7/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, Kieransi said:

The pieces are modular so you can probably just set them on top of the cardstock one and then remove them as needed for things to pass over. 

This point is solid.

Edited by LagJanson