Are Plot Cards upgrades? (RtL)

By MaHaPaTe, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello everybody...

okay the question is basically the topics headline. So what I mean is, if the OL plays a plot card can he purchase any other upgrades in the same week...

THX

plot cards are not upgrades for the purposes of the "The Twins" rumor.

Other than that, I haven't checked the rules in a bit, so I don't know if they're counted as upgrades for the purposes of the overlord's weekly spending limit.

Unfortunately, the rulebook gets a little wierd where Plot cards are concerned it seems.

The first mention of them is on p4: Plot cards are otherwise purchased in the same way as Avatar Upgrade cards, except that they may have special conditions the overlord needs to meet first.

Next on p10: The overlord may purchase one upgrade per game week with his XP. Upgrade examples include Avatar Upgrades, Plot cards , treachery upgrades, and monster upgrades. For a full list, see “Overlord Upgrades” on page 24.

However, if you look at the list on p24, they aren't listed there at all. My guess would be that was just an oversight in writing the rules. The first two statements certainly seem to suggest that they are Upgrades and should be counted as such for the purposes of the weekly OL spending limit.