Tie SF Suggestion.

By Zebedeus, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

I've been thinking about it and would like to hear an opinion from anyone who understands the game more than I do.

Tie SF should have a Crew Slot. if the title adds this besides current text: "You lose a Tech slot and win a Crew Slot, but only non-unique Crews can be equipped." would that be absurd? I think it would be a good erratum! The TIE SF could not carry Kylo Ren or Rebel Captive for example but could carry Tactician or Hot-Shot co-Pilot! to me it seems fair!!

This has come up before, and I think the general consensus on ships that have another crew member, especially most fighter types, the "crew" is usually a dedicated gunner, thus unable to really co-pilot. Otherwise you should be asking for the Y-Wing, TIE Striker, likely the Punisher, and maybe a few others to be given crew. Given this, you'd see a pretty broad change in each of these ships.

So no, I don't agree. Plus, the TIE/sf already gets a lot of upgrades and I know that I'd be spending about 40 points on Quickdraw if I went that route anyhow.

I have seen someone post a concept of using a different Title card that, instead of granting the second attack or extra die, allows for a Crew slot. I think its a simple, elegant solution that really works thematically. I'd probably restrict it to generics only, though. Backdraft and Quickdraw should not have a different crew member because if they were piloting the ship, they'd likely have the same gunner most of the time and I'd argue that they're pilot abilities are the pilot and gunner working together.