Strife from being targeted by a centre action

By Magnus Grendel, in Rules Questions

Centre action:

If you succeed, when your opponent makes a check for an action, you may reveal the ring you chose. If their check used that ring, they suffer 3 strife.

When is this strife applied? 'When your opponent makes a check' implies as it's happening (the 'resolve strife' bit, I'd guess) whilst 'if their check used' implies after the result.

This is very important in a duel because if that strife gives you the chance for a finishing blow, whether or not the increased TN from a centre action has been resolved yet will really matter!

8 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Centre action:

When is this strife applied? 'When your opponent makes a check' implies as it's happening (the 'resolve strife' bit, I'd guess) whilst 'if their check used' implies after the result.

This is very important in a duel because if that strife gives you the chance for a finishing blow, whether or not the increased TN from a centre action has been resolved yet will really matter!

I take it as the Ring choice being revealed at the beginning of Step 2: Determine Skill, Ring and Target Number of Successes and triggering at the end of that step.