4 Leonx Riders - 49

-Maegan

- Combat Inguinity

- Triumphant Cries

Scion - 17

-Viscious Roots

2 Darnati - 19

2 Darnati - 19

The idea is to keep the archers shooting for as long as possible with the tradional Scion screen and then use them as an anvil once they get into combat where Alaina can get the flank with ambush pred.

Meanwhile my MSU darnati and my leonx will be hunting. The leonx will get Meghaen to either increase their damage or be an aoe bomb.

I though of some variants to the list where the archers drop Close Quarters and take Simultaneous orders with the Sorceror and a Fire Rune. Dialing the skill in plus the rune/storm would bring some pain. The Leonx would have to loose Triumphant Cries though. Can't decide which would be more effective.

Thoughts?

Looks decent except that combat ingenuity is waiqar only.

I would run alliana in the leonx, gives them an extra white die, and Meagan can only trigger on melee there. I think she's better suited to a 2x2 archer unit.

more scion blockers mean more archer fun time.

Ahh didnt realize the CI thing. Dang.

If I put Alliana in the leonx riders I loose the ability to redeploy which I thought would be helpful. You think the advantages of her in the unit outweigh loosing the deployment advantages. It would save points for that mentioned archer unit :)

You thinking something like:

2 Archers - 27

-Maegan

6 Archers - 59

-Close Quarters Targeting

-Tempered Steel

-Storm Sorceress

-Support Scion

4 Leonx Riders - 45

-Alaina

- Triumphant Cries

Scion - 17

-Viscious Roots

Scion - 14

2 Darnati - 19

2 Darnati - 19

Edited by Tarliyn
Wronh points

We have traditions already? Excellent.

Edited by Darthain

I like Close Quarters Targeting on the 3x2 of archers, but you have 4 small units (2 Scions and 2 Darnati units) that should be able to block for your archers so they never get engaged. This would allow you to take Hunter's Guile...wait, I don't know if that helps - do you have Overgrown tokens in your army? Or maybe Close Quarters Targeting on the small unit of archers, and place them in front of your larger unit so that they get hit and can still attack, while the 3x2 is kept safe.

Finally, I don't think the 2-tray unit of Deepwood Archers can have the Maegan Cyndewin upgrade.

The benefit of the redeploy is good, but people know about it, so they don't anticipate the leonx staying, just lay the leonx last. and voila, no issues. Also I'm a huge fan of support Scion, as that holds your threat for longer and they are built heavy so they don't die easy.