[DH1] Some Q&A I had with a producer about The Inquisitor's Handbook (Questions 91-100)

By ThenDoctor, in Dark Heresy

91. An interesting wording on the Melta Bomb, does the last line mean to imply that anything killed by the blast does catch fire?
————— > Unless there are mechanical rules indicating such for an item, assume any flavor text is just that. That doesn’t mean the GM can use it to add effects depending on the situation though.
92. Does Promethium basically mirror what Flamer fuel cannisters would do if they were turned in to bombs?
———— > Yes
93. Any word on who the Wasteland Legionaires are? From the description of the Guard Shield.
———— > It’s up to the GM and players if they want to create more there. There are lots of items added in just to spark readers to create new things on their own, or use them to launch adventure/campaign ideas.
94. When affixing a combat knife should it just be treated as a removable melee attachment? Or something more?
———— > The former
95. Any place for the Yostin Royal Guards?
———— > Yostin. See #93 though—it could be the name of a planet, space station, or even a hereditary regimental name that no one remembers the origins anymore.
96. Would a novice of the Adepta Sororitas be given a Sacristan Bolt Pistol as a sort of trainer weapon (at least in the Calixis Sector) before her Godwyn? This is sort of just something I was thinking, I don't know much about the Sororitas.
———— > I don’t imagine so, no.
97. Why is a Force Weapon allowed to make both an attack and a psychic power useage? I understand the mechanics of it, but the rules are pretty clear. Why have this be the exception as it were?
————— > Because that’s how Force weapons work when a psyker uses them. It’s not really two things; it’s more a really powerful single thing that has two ways to inflict damage.
98. Any idea which inquisitors bear one of Herrod's blades?
———— > Really up to the GM and group. Again, things like this are to spark readers to take these bits and weave them into their own games in a way that best serves the players, style of play, and ongoing campaign. A heretical Inquisitor might be carrying one now, for example, and the Acolytes could be charged with recovering it. Not all text like this will have answers, as that can limit what players can do with them. Sometimes there are indeed hints as to what is really going on, but in those cases it would be telling to give that away. Careful reading will always solve the mystery, and even if there wasn’t a real mystery there then the reading can create a revelation that the players can use to strengthen their games.
99. Could Hexagrammic Wards (or pentagrammic for that matter) be put on to something with the machine trait As it is a scrimshawable surface likely? Or is that stuff (machine trait) considered more subdermal than anything?
————> Sure! A Tech-Priest Inquisitor would find that rather handy :)
100. While it mentions "some distance" away in the Rosarius would a whip be too close to be affected by it? It is only 3m after all and with a low enough SB you could throw something at 3m.
————> I’d say a whip would always count as “some distance away” as it takes a bit of range to get the whip to crack. Any attack outside of arm’s length is my usual reckoning.
On 07.10.2017 at 7:41 PM, ThenDoctor said:

If you haven't finished with IH yet, can you ask about Hellgun Capacitor? Errata 3.0 say: "The table on page 179 should have the following changes: ... Hellgun Capacitor should be added with a cost of 50/full clip and an availability of Rare." - but nowhere in the book I can find the description of this capacitor. I suppose it can be Hellgun/Hellpistol power backpack, but why it don't have any weight then?

17 hours ago, Jargal said:

If you haven't finished with IH yet, can you ask about Hellgun Capacitor? Errata 3.0 say: "The table on page 179 should have the following changes: ... Hellgun Capacitor should be added with a cost of 50/full clip and an availability of Rare." - but nowhere in the book I can find the description of this capacitor. I suppose it can be Hellgun/Hellpistol power backpack, but why it don't have any weight then?

They messed it up again. But according to the other books, 10 kg - it's a small backpack worn on the belt, possibly under standard backpack.

Just now, TBeholder said:

They messed it up again. But according to the other books, 10 kg - it's a small backpack worn on the belt, possibly under standard backpack.

Yeah, I know this, but maybe in IH it isn't backpack, but something other? I'm confused by zero weight...

Edited by Jargal
On 10/10/2017 at 7:58 AM, Jargal said:

That's on the list of questions I've garnered from the archive, the archive questions I'm saving until such a time where I'm reading the Dark heresy novels to have something to ask about while I read through them.

So...it's coming. It's not something I thought of while I was reading the section so it didn't go on my personal list.