Painful Honesty

By rsdockery, in Proofreading

Description: You are tormented by internal conflict when you lie or allow a lie to pass. You cannot lie directly, and though you can tell or abet indirect lies or lies of omission, you don’t enjoy it.

Effects: The following apply to a character with the Painful Honesty anxiety:

• When you have the chance to show off your cleverness or slyly insult someone, you take it, even if you gain nothing from it.

The first effect seems to have been transposed from some other Anxiety that didn't make the beta, since it appears to have nothing to do with honesty (except insofar as your honesty compels you to be discourteously frank).

I think they put it in there to give it a likely use. It is very easy for a character to be honest in the game. This gives you an interesting ability to gain Void points that can drive the story. I think it is appropriate.

On 10/6/2017 at 4:15 PM, rsdockery said:

The first effect seems to have been transposed from some other Anxiety that didn't make the beta, since it appears to have nothing to do with honesty (except insofar as your honesty compels you to be discourteously frank).

More than 'Painful Honesty' I think this could be called 'Being Bitchy.'

I think it's meant to be Honesty To A Fault or something like that. You're the friend that says "You look fat in those pants. I'm telling you because I love you, and because I don't want you to go out and embarrass your self."