Terminal Directive: Attn! possible spoilers!

By erasurehead, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

Corp Card c4.1 is triggered during a game when the Corp meets a cautionary condition from corp card set 2, and instructs you to add Security Leak to play (which I assume to mean immediately, i.e. to the current game) and to add c4.3 to slot k.

Corp Card c4.2 says, "Start each game with <1> <0> Security Leak in Play. When a copy is destroyed, update this effect."

C4.3 give a condition to destroy Security Leak.

So, if after Security Leak comes into play in the current game, the corp immediately fulfills the condition on c4.3 then SL is destroyed and C4.2 gets updated, and hence the current game is the only game where SL gets played, i.e. there is then no game which is then started with SL in play, is that correct?

Lastly, c4.3 says you should 'destroy "pink slip" and close this file', but as far as I can see, sticker c4.3 is "pink slip", so how can you destroy it and close it (by covering it with a sticker)? It seems like you can only close it. Or to what is the instruction to "destroy pink slip" referring?

Is it correct that Runner sticker r1.5 only gets triggered once, no matter how many games are played before the runner advances to a new set. I.e. if the r1.5 gets triggered in the first game, and the runner looses that game, then the runner no longer has that advantage in the next game because r1.5 was closed in the first game?

There have been many comments that TD is unbalanced in favor of the corp, especially if playing as recommend with just TD+1 core 1.0. It does seem like that once the runner looses, and the corp wins, then the corp has more advantages, whereas the runner has less, which snowballs and makes it harder and harder for the runner to win, so loosing the first game or two is tantamount to a campaign loss for the runner. We've already decided to let the runner add some additional economy cards out of some other sets to help offset this.

I expect I'll be posting some more TD questions to this thread....

Cheers,

Josh

There are some catchup cards for both sides should you fall too many games behind.

Since these cards are not searchable online, can you please quote the text of the cards and conditions you're asking about? People who aren't avoiding spoilers (i.e. who have played through TD) may not still have these stickers and cards lying around.

Okay, I'll repeat the questions from above with the text inline to make for easier reading all in one spot.

Corp Card c4.1 is triggered during a game when the Corp meets a cautionary condition from corp card c2.12 ("when your turn ends, reveal set 4 if there are at least 20 cr in your credit pool".), and instructs you to add the runner current Security Leak to play (which I assume to mean immediately, i.e. to the current game) and to add c4.3 to slot k.

Corp Card c4.2 says, "Start each game with <1> <0> Security Leak in Play. When a copy is destroyed, update this effect."

C4.3, "Pink Slip", says, "If there are no cards in HQ when your turn ends, destroy "Pink Slip" and Security Leak. Shuffle up to 3 cards from archives into R&D. Close this file."

So, if after Security Leak comes into play in the current game, the corp immediately fulfills the condition on c4.3 , then SL is destroyed and C4.2 gets updated crossing off the "<1>", and hence the current game was the only game where SL gets played, i.e. SL has had no effect and there is then no game which is then started with SL in play as suggested in c4.2, is that correct?

Lastly, as stated above, c4.3 says you should 'destroy "pink slip" and close this file', but as far as I can see, sticker c4.3 is "pink slip", so how can you destroy it and close it (by covering it with a sticker)? It seems like you can only close it. Or to what is the instruction to "destroy pink slip" referring?

Is it correct that Runner sticker r1.5 (slot G, "when you have 3 or more programs installed, gain 6cr. Close this file.") only gets triggered once, no matter how many games are played before the runner advances to a new set. I.e. if the r1.5 gets triggered in the first game, and the runner looses that game, then the runner no longer has that advantage in the next game because r1.5 was closed in the first game?

I don’t get how you figure Security Leak immediately destroys itself. It enters play immediately, and starts each subsequent game in play. The only way to get rid of it is to get rid of all cards in HQ. That can take some doing.

As for Pink Slip, I have no idea. You may have missed if there is a corresponding card set 4 to go with that Sticker Set 4?

Yes: some benefits are one-shot boosts that don’t keep on giving.

Thanks for the speedy answer, GW, but I definitely didn't indicate that I thought SL would always immediately self-destruct, but rather carefully described a specific situation, which, btw, doesn't seem to be too difficult to manage. When we played it, the corp had two ice and a money card in hand, drew an operation, installed the ice, played the money, next turn drew something (can't remember) played the op and the second card, clicked for credits, and SL was history within two turns, no biggie. Btw, SL will only start one subsequent game in play, as c4.2 gets updated to <0> after that one subsequent game (so there's no " each subsequent game"....

Re: Pink slip: no, there's a text card, and c4.3 has the unambiguous title "Pink Slip" at the top. The sticker can be "closed" but there is no card to destroy.

Thanks for your help!

I see what you mean. Sure, if you managed it so that the last card in HQ was an IPO that took you over the $20 caution level, it would immediately self destruct.

Emptying your HQ as corp is not always easy--particularly if you have assets or agendas that would be risky to install before you were ready.

Hi again,

Corp objektive sticker c8.2 „closing in“ has the objective „ Steal one agenda point“, but we are unsure how the corp can steal an agenda point?! Investigator Inez Delgado allows the corp to „swap an agenda“ with an agenda in the runner‘s score area, but that‘s not „stealing“, is it?

37 minutes ago, erasurehead said:

Hi again,

Corp objektive sticker c8.2 „closing in“ has the objective „ Steal one agenda point“, but we are unsure how the corp can steal an agenda point?! Investigator Inez Delgado allows the corp to „swap an agenda“ with an agenda in the runner‘s score area, but that‘s not „stealing“, is it?

This (and other Terminal Directive questions) are addressed in the latest FAQ that just came out: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/bb/d3/bbd3ae12-0ee9-43f5-bab6-4f87fd5fbcbe/adn_faq_41.pdf

It should say “score.”

Edited by Grimwalker

Thanks again, GW.