First Turn Challenge

By Evan Obnoxious, in Rules Discussions

So I've got a question... I just wanna make sure I've got the rules completely down...

From my understanding, the player doesn't draw til the beginning of their turn... so what's to stop the player that goes first from challenging first turn and getting an auto-win since the second player won't even have a hand yet?

Evan Obnoxious said:

So I've got a question... I just wanna make sure I've got the rules completely down...

From my understanding, the player doesn't draw til the beginning of their turn... so what's to stop the player that goes first from challenging first turn and getting an auto-win since the second player won't even have a hand yet?

Each player draws six before the match starts

Oh, ok, I must've over-read that. Thanks!

The player who does go first does have a slight advantage though, but yeah, both players draw their hands before the game technically starts.

I think an aggro deck would sometimes benefit from going 2nd if going against another aggro.

For example, you have a stronger hand and choose to go second... If your opponent is playing aggro as well, he will probably attack, even if he had friends out, he/she would most likely not use them in challenge if he is setting up his field still. Then you can aggro him back during his challenge phase if he challenges you, and when it's your turn you can draw cards AND your opponent will be at a disadvantage since he will have less cards in his hand.

=p