Any Rules on Positioning your Opponent?

By pointyman2000, in Rules Questions

I'm going over the Dueling rules right now and I do like the fact that the characters are assumed to be positioning for the right moment to strike rather than just staring one another down.

That said, I'm wondering if there are any rules to "push" or "pull" an opponent to disadvantageous terrain? There's a lot of good ideas on terrain, but I'm hoping that there are ways to lure opponents into trouble.

I believe water stance allows you to move and there are kata and some kiho that move opponents. I'm sure you could also spend opportunity to do so.

Hi,

I guess I'll have to review the kata and kiho more carefully, then. The idea of tricking someone into bad footing or a disadvantageous position is a neat consideration that I'd like to see put up front rather than buried inside the katas.

Good point with spending Opportunities to do so though, now it's a question of what it would cost.

Thanks!

There's a Kata that requires a spear which you can attempt to keep your opponent at range 2, useful if you're fighting a Sword User.