Armor related question

By Kakita Renju, in Rules Questions

Hello,

P34 Way of the Crab (School Ability): You are trained in using your school’s signature heavy armor, and you trust it to be your shield, allowing you to plow forward into your foes without hesitation. You ignore the Cumbersome quality of armor you wear. Once per scene, before making a check to resist a critical strike, you may reduce the severity of the critical strike by the physical resistance of your armor plus your school rank (to a minimum of 0).
Starting Outfit: Lacquered armor

Shouldn't the lacquered armor have the Cumbersome quality ?

Something that i find odd is how is it possible for a Traveling Clothes to protect as much as a Concealed Armor. There 99% of time is no point to have a Concealed armor then.
My Solution: Traveling clothes shold have 1 armor but you must have 3 opportunity to critical hit some one

A Katana as base damage of 4 and a lacquered armor a resistance of 4 , if you dont critical hit someone wearing a lacquered armor you will only inflict 0-3 dommage per attack (this seems off) and you will offen damaged your Katana by doing this (p147 razor edge) and if the katana is damaged, his damages is decreased by 2 and you will never kill him.
A character as a average Resilience of 8-12, you must hit him 4 to 10 times to wear him down if he is in earth stance (to negate crit with opportunitty)
My Solution: The 2 handed grip should also boost the damaged by 2

Edited by Kakita Renju

Yeah, I was looking at that too... but perhaps that would be too much front loading? You're already getting bonus vs crits, and you'll get bonus with heavy armor if you get plated some time.

You wear your Concealed Armor under your Ceremonial Robes or Santificed Robes.