Stacking Daemons...

By erasurehead, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

hi. rule question: can you install a djinn on a dhegdheer (or the other way around) and then install programs ontop of that? e.g. djinn on dhegdheer and datasucker+mopus on djinn? (yes, I know we're living in a post-rotation world now, but I'm playing TD with 1x original core+TD...)

Yes, that would work.

Bear in mind that the hosted daemon does not inherit the abilities of its host. Also see the flavor text of Leprechaun for a cautionary tale ;-)

Thanks nungunz and GW.

@GW: yeah, I'm familiar with that flavor text ( :-D ), but in this case it seems to be a real advantage. I'm running the adept+savant breaker suite from TD, so every MU counts. Installing Djinn on Dhegdheer and then MOpus+Data Sucker on Djinn basically allows you to put two programs on Dhegdheer and only costs two credits + 1 click more. Seems like a deal to me.

It's a way to go. Dhegdheer removes the MU cost of Djinn, Djinn removes the MU cost of 3 MU worth of other programs. It's 4 programs installed leaving (I assume) two more Dhegdheers for the Expert breakers themselves.

I'm not sure if that game is worth the candle, though. Djinn was mostly a tool for Noise to continually pull Viruses out of his deck to mill the corp--you wouldn't be making much use of that functionality. Akamatsu Mem Chip is in-faction.