Questions for FFG at Arkham Nights 2017 - can someone ask?

By Krysmo, in Arkham Nights

Hey all, won't be at AN this year (partly due to late notice of exact dates) but had a couple of questions for the FFG that I'm hoping someone can answer:

iOS 11 just came out and after installing, I can no longer run the Arkham Horror Toolkit on my iPhone. There had been warnings this might happen in iOS10, but it not working now means no one's touched it in almost 2 years.

A) will it be updated?

B) Doesn't really give much confidence in shelling out big money for an app-based game like MoM2e, so are there plans to make an analog version of that game? If not, how do they give customers assurance that the app will continue to be updated indefinitely?

C) finally, same sort of question for Elder Sign: Omens. Will this be updated and expanded?

thanks

I will be at Arkham Nights and will ask for you and let you know what the answer is if I get an answer.

Thank you amigo!

I will also try to get a chance to ask someone about the AH toolkit, if possible.

That said... your 3 examples are all very different beasts, so I'm not sure that the answers are really related for any of them.

- The Arkham Horror Toolkit is a supplemental resource that is in no way required to play the game (and I would suspect isn't really used by a high percentage of players).

- The MoM2E App is necessary component of the game, so FFG's incentive to support the app is much, much greater. If they stop supporting that, they'll have a lot of very pissed-off customers.

- Elder Signs: Omens is a digital "port" of the game and while it plays similar to the board game, its existence really has absolutely no effect on the game itself.

Edited by KBlumhardt

yeah but still...wouldn't take much time at all to update the Toolkit and ESO in the scheme of things. Who's to say that 10 years down the line MoM2E won't be 'finished' (in the same way AH seems to be 'finished') and there's no incentive to be updating every scenario currently in print./

8 minutes ago, Krysmo said:

yeah but still...wouldn't take much time at all to update the Toolkit and ESO in the scheme of things. Who's to say that 10 years down the line MoM2E won't be 'finished' (in the same way AH seems to be 'finished') and there's no incentive to be updating every scenario currently in print./

Pssh... we'll all be playing MoM 5th edition 10 years from now, and everything should be backwards compatible (for a small-ish fee, of course!). ;)

lol