Promos

By TheHunterBoy, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi everyone. Today questions are:

1) where can I find ALL the "bonus" heroes of Descent (I already got Kel, Tobin and another guy who seems an elf or something like that...I forgot his name...)?

And....

2) how many Descent promos actually exist??

Thanks in advance...

AFAIK, there's only one other promo, Nara of the Fang, and she's included in Sea of Blood (the only place atm to find her except secondary markets).

-shnar

shnar said:

Nara of the Fang, and she's included in Sea of Blood (the only place atm to find her except secondary markets).

-shnar

Is she included only in the pre-ordered copies of SoB (I'm still wating my own copy of SoB from my local store...)?

Nara is in all first printings of Sea of Blood; not just pre-orders. I bought mine retail and got the figure. Still trying to get the other 3 promo figures though...

I'm hoping like hell these figures are reprinted for use in Runewars, as that would give me another shot at them.

It's in all the first-print copies of SoB, which are basically all the copies in the store right now. There should be a sticker on the front of the box that says, "Includes Nara of the Fang" or something like that in gold foil...

-shnar

The inclusion of Nara on copies of Sea of Blood is a limited time offer, but it's one available on all first print-run copies. Those aren't going to disappear overnight so I would imagine you can still find one easily enough at your local store. I'm not sure how long the first print run of any expansion lasts on store shelves on average, but I wouldn't worry about it for another few months at least. If your FLGS doesn't have any more in stock, they should still be able to order one for you. I'd give pretty good odds it'll still be first run, but if you want to sure you can ask them to check that point with the distributor before placing the order. Tell them to look for the sticker.

After Nara, you're all caught up. I haven't heard of any other promos as yet.

So how do I get the other promo heroes? I keep seeing a reference to them but everything I have researched is that they are in German.

They were selling them in the online store during the "christmas" sale back in December. I picked up one of each. Not sure if that means they're out of stock now, or if they'll holding them for another sale...

-shnar

uhchewie said:

So how do I get the other promo heroes? I keep seeing a reference to them but everything I have researched is that they are in German.

As Shnar said, they were available (in English) during the Christmas sale. Now they appear to have been removed from the store (not just listed as "out of stock") so it looks like that offer has come and gone. Will they be made available again at some point? Who knows? Keep your eyes peeled for announcements on the subject from FFG.

I'm assuming they still have some stock left, maybe not much, hard to say. I figure there's at least a half decent chance they'll be for sale or in some sort of grab bags at this Terrinoth convention thing they've started talking about. No official word, of course, I've just got a hunch.