First Timer GM

By Rimsen, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Hey fellow players!

I searched the forum, but haven't found an anwser: The Beginer set is suitable even if we don't have experienced Game Master?

I, myself played the game already, and played other type of RPGs, but always as a player. I'd really like to show this game to a group of friends, and I'm wondering i'm suitable for the GM that role is also for beginners in this scenario? Or shall we look for someone else?

Thank you very much

21 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

The Beginer set is suitable even if we don't have experienced Game Master?

Short answer: absolutely. The beginner box holds your hand through the whole process, at least as far as the first chapter in the story. There's a free PDF download that picks up where the story in the box leaves off, and that is more freeform.

If you're going to GM, it might be worth it to read a bit about some of the GM responsibilities. Any decent RPG has a GMing section in their core rules, including the core rules for this game. If you've already played this game, maybe the person who GM'd it will let you borrow their core rules.

12 hours ago, whafrog said:

Short answer: absolutely. The beginner box holds your hand through the whole process, at least as far as the first chapter in the story. There's a free PDF download that picks up where the story in the box leaves off, and that is more freeform.

If you're going to GM, it might be worth it to read a bit about some of the GM responsibilities. Any decent RPG has a GMing section in their core rules, including the core rules for this game. If you've already played this game, maybe the person who GM'd it will let you borrow their core rules.

Thank you very much! :)

Everything you need should be in the box. Including a condensed version of the rulebook.

As the GM you should read over the adventure a couple times and do your best to understand how the dice symbols interact and cancel each other out. Other than that, just have fun! :)