Clone Wars pbp

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

((I know this was posted on the Force and Destiny section, but I thought afterwards it made more sense to leave it here, sorry for the lack of organisation there))

Hey all! So I've always been a fan of star wars, and really did enjoy the clone wars setting that was used for the films and animated series, and was partially inspired by Alien Happy Hours 'Lucky Sevens' podcast (worth a listen), so I thought I'd try run a clone wars pbp! For anyone interested, my credentials aren't particularly extensive. I've run a couple of EotE campaigns for mates, and they didn't hate what I was doing, so that's a plus!I have read up on all the material I can get hold of though, so I should be able to do a good job. For this pbp my aim would be to focus around a squad operating during the clone war, where there'd be plenty of combat and excitement to be had.

Regarding characters, I am using all three settings (Edge of the Empire, Force and Destiny and Age of Rebellion), and player are welcome to choose whatever they want out of the books so long as they can justify it (eg. a clone trooper gambler might be a bit of a stretch). Having said that, I would like to limit the number of jedi to 1, ideally a padawan (commander) to lead the squad. For the rest of the players, I would really appreciate if they were ok playing clones, as I think the squad dynamic could make for some interesting rp. I would be willing to have 1 player swap out their clone for a mercenary type, such as an outsourced tracker etc (think auxiliary units like the Celts serving the Romans in France).

Also, I would like to try something I was toying with regarding character creation. I would like players to begin the game without a career or specialization. Instead, I'd like for them to start of with the universal career of recruit (or force sensitive emergent for the jedi). The idea behind this is that the player will start of as recruits or pupils, and will be undergoing training for the equivalent of the first couple of sessions. At the end of the training, the characters would be assigned their roles based on their performances (and taking into account what players want their character to be). They'd still get their free specialization at this, but it could be fun to start of as fresh recruits, plus it gives some greater freedom for future developments. Want to achieve the rank of ARC trooper? We can sort that! Want to make an elite squad of pilots? Why not!

So it may seem like an odd idea, but if you're still interested please contact me! I don't mind how much (or little) rp or pbp you've done, we all have to start somewhere, and I'll do whatever I can to help out with stuff. So send me a message or post on here if you're interested, and hope to hear from you soon!

Was curious if anyone ever tried running a game based on the Separatist end of the Clone Wars?

Not that I've seen, but it'd be fairly easy to do I'd reckon.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:25 AM, Rabobankrider said:

Not that I've seen, but it'd be fairly easy to do I'd reckon.

Sure, it's easy it play's just like AoR except more organized and uses the black sides of the DPs!

In my campaign (3BBY) the remnants of the CIS are largely "Rebels" and my cell uses a lot of B1s to man their fleet!

Edited by Felswrath
On 11/10/2017 at 7:19 AM, Felswrath said:

uses the black sides of the DPs

But... why?

I honestly don't recall the rationale behind that. Because they were controlled by Dooku maybe?