Detailed star wars d6 attack of the clones sourcebook

By splad, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Yeah, the guy who did the layout for that is a real pro. I collaborated with him on a couple of projects. Great guy.

1 hour ago, bandersnee said:

Yeah, the guy who did the layout for that is a real pro. I collaborated with him on a couple of projects. Great guy.

Very cool, would like you to twist his arm for a The Force Awakens sourcebook lol

I think it would take more than arm-twisting these days.

Our book making days stalled out toward the end of the Revenge of the Sith book. I've still got the notes, images, stats, etc for that. We were missing the character write-ups, and we had 0% of the layout done. Things got busy with work, life, kids, etc. There were a couple of efforts to re-launch that project but it never made it far enough to get close to a delivered end-product.

Granted, we were also working on the d20 to D6 conversion guides at the time. So that kind of took a good bit of creative energy.

I've talked to a couple of people who were interested in working on a Force Awakens book. Though there are a few problems with not having enough information about the details and background to get terribly far. I think that once there is a more complete story then the fanbase will have enough information to draw on in terms of visual guides, background fluff, etc. But for now there isn't a whole lot to base stats on that might not be blown out of the water when the next movie comes out.

Wizards of the Coast found themselves in that awkward position. They pretty much had to release a new sourcebook after every movie to patch holes with the system itself and to make way for what was seen on screen.

But as for the editor of the Attack of the Clones book, I think he's busy working on board games these days.

Edited by bandersnee
2 hours ago, bandersnee said:

I think it would take more than arm-twisting these days.

Our book making days stalled out toward the end of the Revenge of the Sith book. I've still got the notes, images, stats, etc for that. We were missing the character write-ups, and we had 0% of the layout done. Things got busy with work, life, kids, etc. There were a couple of efforts to re-launch that project but it never made it far enough to get close to a delivered end-product.

Granted, we were also working on the d20 to D6 conversion guides at the time. So that kind of took a good bit of creative energy.

I've talked to a couple of people who were interested in working on a Force Awakens book. Though there are a few problems with not having enough information about the details and background to get terribly far. I think that once there is a more complete story then the fanbase will have enough information to draw on in terms of visual guides, background fluff, etc. But for now there isn't a whole lot to base stats on that might not be blown out of the water when the next movie comes out.

Wizards of the Coast found themselves in that awkward position. They pretty much had to release a new sourcebook after every movie to patch holes with the system itself and to make way for what was seen on screen.

But as for the editor of the Attack of the Clones book, I think he's busy working on board games these days.

Yes i get the fact to do a concise source-book you may have to wait til after this latest trilogy is out as things may wildly change in the meantime. I would still like to see someone stat Rey for curiosity sake. But you and your friends work is greatly appreciated. I would buy it, i hope FFG realizes this as a serious possibility of income if they were to seriously relaunch this product.

You know, if you wanted to wet the appetite of some long-time D6 players, what you could do is take a look at a few characters from the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition Sourcebook, and take a cue from their stats. Make sure it has 18D in attributes and then a few die or two in Control, Sense, and Alter, give her a modest melee and crappy blaster dice, and then post it to the Rancor Pit Forums and the G+ D6 Star Wars communities and ask for feedback. Make it a community-based project.

Once you get stats for Rey, put something up for Fin. Ask for revisions. People are more likely to help you fix a stat block you came up with than they are to create one from whole cloth themselves by request.

2 hours ago, bandersnee said:

You know, if you wanted to wet the appetite of some long-time D6 players, what you could do is take a look at a few characters from the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition Sourcebook, and take a cue from their stats. Make sure it has 18D in attributes and then a few die or two in Control, Sense, and Alter, give her a modest melee and crappy blaster dice, and then post it to the Rancor Pit Forums and the G+ D6 Star Wars communities and ask for feedback. Make it a community-based project.

Once you get stats for Rey, put something up for Fin. Ask for revisions. People are more likely to help you fix a stat block you came up with than they are to create one from whole cloth themselves by request.

Yea i have been on the site but will spend some time rooting around and seeing what projects people are throwing out there.