D6 fan made scavenger guide

By splad, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Allot of love and dedication went into this. Nice work:)

Edited by splad

Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, bandersnee said:

Thanks for sharing!

Anytime:) just trying to do a d6 web round up. Allot of cool fan sourcebook out there just tracking down is the fun part, like treasure hunting lol

Tell me about it. I've got a HUGE archive of D6 fanbooks on my hard drive. I'm thinking of putting them all together somehow on my google drive and sharing, but sometimes its hard to even get my head around what's share-worthy and what's not or how to categorize it all so that it isn't just a massive PDF dump.

Though I'll say that I had quite a lot of fun with the Conversion Guide books based on Wizards of the Coast's SAGA Edition line. A few of us did a PDF for almost every book converting most of the guns, gear, weapons, starships, vehicles, and Force Powers into D6.

1 hour ago, bandersnee said:

Tell me about it. I've got a HUGE archive of D6 fanbooks on my hard drive. I'm thinking of putting them all together somehow on my google drive and sharing, but sometimes its hard to even get my head around what's share-worthy and what's not or how to categorize it all so that it isn't just a massive PDF dump.

Though I'll say that I had quite a lot of fun with the Conversion Guide books based on Wizards of the Coast's SAGA Edition line. A few of us did a PDF for almost every book converting most of the guns, gear, weapons, starships, vehicles, and Force Powers into D6.

That would be awesome:) Some of the production levels are just as good or better than some of the officially published ones.

12 minutes ago, splad said:

That would be awesome:) Some of the production levels are just as good or better than some of the officially published ones.

Agreed. I pulled down all of them that I could find a couple of years ago, before making the decision to launch my current campaign in FFG instead of D6.

Still love me some D6, but especially once my son got involved in an FFG campaign I play in, I figured it might be best (for now, at least) to stick with a single rule set across all the campaigns.

Theyre still fertile ground for ideas, though.

2 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Still love me some D6, but especially once my son got involved in an FFG campaign I play in, I figured it might be best (for now, at least) to stick with a single rule set across all the campaigns.

The best rule-set is whatever rulebook the kids are interested in.

And in terms of being a fertile ground for ideas, that's pretty much what a lot of these fan-books are. Seldom do you have fans that are dedicated enough to put in the hours of playtesting that you would with a professional gaming product. Usually when I've either looked at fan books I'll mine them for ideas, and then tweak them for use in my games. At least someone has done the groundwork to make something you can modify and use.

As far as I'm concerned with any fan books I've helped on, if someone uses a nugget out of them for any of their games (regardless of system), I consider it a mission accomplished.

What are the WEG fonts you used? I'd love to know for my own fan material!

On 1/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, philmandalorian said:

What are the WEG fonts you used? I'd love to know for my own fan material!

Chelthm ITC for the body and Eras Demi for the headers. It's what WEG used back in the day. Finding the fonts for a reasonable price is kind of tricky, though.